Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look at these pics! REAL bikers!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 06:50 AM
Anthony8858
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look at these pics! REAL bikers!

Came across these pics somewhere on the web. Has to be the finest example of REAL bikers. These guys were into adventure, and the size or type of bike didn't matter.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...light=original

Old 08-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Grover
Administrator Emeritus

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts
Default RE: Look at these pics! REAL bikers!

Cool pics.

Thanks for the Memories!

Old 08-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Great pics. Those guys are riding through the mud, snow and there are many riders out ther today that won't bring their bikes out of their plastic bubbles if there is even a slight chance of light rain.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:19 AM
Detro996
Cruiser

Very cool pictures indeed. It sure doesn't make me want to go trail riding on my RKC though. Thank God for the modern dirtbike and or the paved highways.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have seen those before and they are great! I love the parking the bikes in the snowbank shots.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:13 AM
bonz50
Cruiser

awesome pics... reminds me of what bikes are all about... FREEDOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-10-2007, 08:27 AM
pigbike
Advanced

Great photos. I think they were all that way back in the 40 and 50's. My father who owned several Harleys and a Indian or two was also crazy like that. I remember of seeing photos of his bikes and friends ( two of which owned the local Harleys dealership back in those days) very similar to what was in those photos. I also remember several photos of his crashed bikes and one of his butt which was a bloody raw mess. This was the result of him going around a sharp curve on a old paved country type road ( probably twice as fast as he should of) and leaning the bike too far over until the kick stand dragged (as I remember the story being told) and not being able to make the turn. He then hit a two foot high stone wall and flipped off the bike over the wall. Then the bike followed over the wall landing on top of him with the rear wheel up against his butt and the engine still running. The rear wheel just carved trenches in his butt until it stalled.

Thers still more to this story!!!!! He layed there for some time but I'm not sure how long, until the local milkman came along and found him. The milkman helped him up and as there was no ambulance service back then put him in the back of the milk truck on top of the milk crates and drove him home which was probably 10 miles away. Someone took a bunch of photos of this event and he had dozens more of him and his friends back then. They rode pretty much all year and cold and maybe snowdidnt stop them. Seems there were a lot of crashed bike photos, but I guess they were having fun.

All those photos along with most family photos where lost in a flood after they moved to Florida in the late 70's. Sure wish I had them now.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:30 AM
BrewGod
Advanced

WOW! Great pics. Ahh the good old days

Old 08-10-2007, 08:39 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Awesome pics, I wonder how many of them cut their teeth on a WWII Harley in the Europe? Just can't see doing it on today's Harley's - as big as they are now.

Thanks for sharing.
Hack

Old 08-10-2007, 08:53 AM
HogBack
Road Master

Great pictures.... but maybe one daybikers of the future will look at our v-twins of today and ask: 'how did they ride such little bikeson those asphault roadways with all those other vehicles around them?...' We are the envy and heros of the future!

Quick Reply: Look at these pics! REAL bikers!