Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HARLEY WILLED TO 9 YEAR OLD SON OF DECEASED SOLDIER STOLEN-PLEASE READ. VERY IMPORTANT

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:12 PM
ragingbull
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HARLEY WILLED TO 9 YEAR OLD SON OF DECEASED SOLDIER STOLEN-PLEASE READ. VERY IMPORTANT

I just read this on an offroad board I belong to. We have enough people on this forum that hopefully we can help with this.

http://www.guardonline.com/?module=d...mp;format=html

Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 PM
ragingbull
Road Captain
Default RE: HARLEY WILLED TO 9 YEAR OLD SON OF DECEASED SOLDIER STOLEN-PLEASE READ. VERY IMPORTANT

I have to wonder how this can have108 views over the last2 1/2hours and not one reply. I must have had the wrong impression of you guys. Maybe I should have done a troll post about JBWeld to get someone to respond.[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 08-09-2007, 11:45 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HARLEY WILLED TO 9 YEAR OLD SON OF DECEASED SOLDIER STOLEN-PLEASE READ. VERY IMPORTANT

Help how? Buy the 9-year old a Harley? What were you expecting us to do? I truly feel for the little boy, but don't see how I can help. I'm not an LEO, but maybe they'll find the SOB who stole the bike.

Hack

Old 08-09-2007, 11:53 PM
ragingbull
Road Captain

Maybe keep an eye out for the bike... maybe exhibit a minimum of outrage instead of indifference.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:02 AM
jethro001
Tourer

Hey I am outraged.....there are so many people in this world that should be shot rather that take another breath of air but unfortunatley we cannot do that....have to let nature take its course and pray that they get their just reward!

Old 08-10-2007, 12:12 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Urbanbronco

Maybe keep an eye out for the bike... maybe exhibit a minimum of outrage instead of indifference.
You don't have a clue as to how I feel, what makes you think I'm indifferent and not outraged? I'm outraged that the son's dad is gone, not because some SOB stole the motorcycle! I don't think the SOB who stole the bike stole it after learning the boy's father was KIA. That had to be an aweful coincidence. You reckon the son having his dad's bike would have been any solice for the grief he is feeling?

Hack

Old 08-10-2007, 12:29 AM
ragingbull
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: btefft

You don't have a clue as to how I feel, what makes you think I'm indifferent and not outraged? I'm outraged that the son's dad is gone, not because some SOB stole the motorcycle! I don't think the SOB who stole the bike stole it after learning the boy's father was KIA. That had to be an aweful coincidence. You reckon the son having his dad's bike would have been any solice for the grief he is feeling?

Hack
I don't remember saying anything about how you feel. I was talking in general notspecifics. I posted this because I thought it would stir interest in the story. I spent 15 years in the military and spent a year as the LPO for the Los Angeles Military Color Guard so I don't need you telling me how to feel about a brother going down. My outrage is about the loss and death of his father and then losing something that would have meant a lot to him in the future.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:47 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

I have to wonder how this can have108 views over the last2 1/2hours and not one reply. I must have had the wrong impression of you guys. Maybe I should have done a troll post about JBWeld to get someone to respond.[sm=WTFsgign.gif]
I think that there were 108 views and no posts because the 108 realized that there was basically nothing that they could do about it. It is in the hands of the authorities. It didn't mean that the guys reading it were not outraged or indifferent. Yes, you had the wrong impression of the guys on this forum. Like you and I, many of the guys on this forum are veterans and have endured the pain of the loss of a brother in arms. I hope the thief will have a conscious about the situation, drop the bike off somewhere, and make an anonymous phone call to the police. I figure that is more likely to happen than the cops ever finding it. We can only hope and pray that the thief succombs to the guilt of what he's done and can't live with it.

You said "I don't need you telling me how to feel about a brother going down" when did I do that?

Pardon my ignorance, but what's an LPO?

Hack

Old 08-10-2007, 01:10 AM
ragingbull
Road Captain

I probably just took this the wrong way.I apologize if I got short on this. LPO (Leading Petty Officer), I was in the Navy and was assigned to lead the color guard for Los Angeles. It was a lot smaller operation than Arlington. We went above the guidelines and gave 21 gun salutes to any rank of service member or veteran that we had a detail on. It was an honor but still difficult to present the flag to the family. I'd really like to do the Patriot Guard but probably won't be able until my job changes or I retire.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:15 AM
ragingbull
Road Captain

You said "I don't need you telling me how to feel about a brother going down" when did I do that?

Hack
[/quote]

When you inferred my concern was about the motorcycle missing with your comment about, "Help how? Buy the 9-year old a Harley?" instead of the loss of his father. That was really the only thing that hit me wrong with your original post.

Quick Reply: HARLEY WILLED TO 9 YEAR OLD SON OF DECEASED SOLDIER STOLEN-PLEASE READ. VERY IMPORTANT