Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Adustable Passenger Pegs Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:32 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Kuryakyn Adustable Passenger Pegs Question

ORIGINAL: ftlee20723

How many different positions can this be locked into? Can it be locked anywhere in the turn radius? Can it be locked into a straight up and down position?

Thanks,

Frank
I think the pegs have 3 holes in them, and then you can also move the peg all the way forward where it is resting on the stop-block or pad. That isn't suggested, as it is putting more weight/pressure on the plastic pad as opposed to the metal peg if locked in the most forward position.

One word of suggestion: I bought my Kury adjustable pegs through www.denniskirk.com where you can save $1 over the best advertised price anywhere -- and their customer service is great. I had one of those pegs fail (metal fatigue split the bottom of the clamp) and DennisKirk replaced that peg after it was 2 months beyond the 12 month warranty -- no questions. In fact, they sent me the replacement before they even received the defective one I sent back to them. (Digital photos have really expedited this process.) So, when you buy, it isn't just about saving a dollar or two... Go with someone who cares about after-the-sale service.

The Kury pegs are great, by the way. My wife loves the way she can sit up with feet on the stock boards, put her feet up on the Kury pegs, and then also stretch her legs out, with her calves on the pegs, while we're hauling down the interstate. Very versatile!

Old 08-10-2007, 12:58 AM
tpburly
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are on the stop in the fwd position, have 2 other lock positions and stow all the way back. have them on my ultra, wife loves them. bikerhaven.net cheapest place I found $126

Old 08-10-2007, 01:08 AM
CornbredNE
Tourer

ORIGINAL: ftlee20723

SoCal_Pappy,

Which position works for your grandchild? I am going to be so disappointed when I get my Ultra in a couple of weeks if my son cannot ride to his first day of 1st grade because he cannot reach the pegs.

P.S. Any advice on starting my son riding so that it does not scare him? I was sitting on a bike with him behind me, I picked up the bike without telling him and it freaked him out.

Thanks,

Frank
I'm not sure how tall your kid is, but my daughter (4-1/2) rides with me fairly often. She puts her feet on the metal guard for the hard bags. This allows her solid place that she can brace her feet, yet being a comfortable reach. The only problem I don't like about it is it can scratch the paint on the top front of the saddlebags.

I know the very first time my daughter rode with me she was scared to ride in back (she had done a lot of previous 4wheeler riding in front of me around my neighborhood). But once she got more used to her balance (foot placement, backrest, and hold on my jacket shoulder straps) she was instantly enjoying it.

One other key thing I found that I took from the cheezy Dora the Explorer show she loves was the idea of keeping her "safe" having her helping to buy safety gear (leather, gloves, helmet). Also key was explaining to her each time to hold on tight when doing turns or stopping/starting.

David

Old 08-10-2007, 05:09 AM
Bleuknight
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: tpburly

they are on the stop in the fwd position, have 2 other lock positions and stow all the way back. have them on my ultra, wife loves them. bikerhaven.net cheapest place I found $126
This person has it right! 2 locking positions...all the way forward it's against the stop block, and stow in the full rear position.......and mine only move ALMOST in a 180°'s...
ride on, ride a lot

[IMG]local://upfiles/38813/BD7A4D1538324E7FAA0DF89B36CFA58F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-10-2007, 05:14 AM
ftlee20723
Cruiser

2 locking positions and the forward stop for a total of three positions?

Old 08-10-2007, 09:01 AM
ricoman
Road Master

For Kurykin folding passenger peg mounts mounted on touring passenger footboard mounting brackets.
There are only two useable positions.
One being nearly at the top of the arc they swivel on, this is thetallest position and would lift the passengers legs the highest above the floorboards.The second being forward of that and not quite as tall but provides a little stretch room. The only other positon is when they are folded fully to the rear allowing normal use of the floorboard and they are too far to the rear to get a foot on.
My wife does not lock them when in the forward position so she can foldthem to the rear whenever she wants to change feet positions.
They do not rotateeven 180 degrees, more like 110-120or so.
I installed them myself and have never seen any plastic as a part of them.
They do not come with footpegs, you will need to get your own, take a look at the Kurykin iso-pegs.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:17 AM
ricoman
Road Master

I do so know how to spell Kuryakyn!

Old 08-10-2007, 09:23 AM
bonz50
Cruiser

how do the kuryakyn passenger mounts compare to the HD adjustable passenger floor boards mounts??? SWMBO said the stock ultra floorboards were still a bit to high for her even when mounted in the lowest holes... will the kury's or the HD's be a better setup for her if combined with a slightly taller passenger pillion??? this is a big issue for me and the wifey...

Old 08-10-2007, 02:00 PM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They mount between the stock passenger boards and the bike in the board brackets. I have a pair for sale in the classified section, also on ebay...They will actually make her feet sit higher, that is the reason my wife don't like em, says make her feet swell. I was told it was an unwise thing to do, as far as increasing the heighth of the passenger seat..

Joe

Old 08-10-2007, 02:07 PM
bonz50
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: PDDGM

They mount between the stock passenger boards and the bike in the board brackets. I have a pair for sale in the classified section, also on ebay...They will actually make her feet sit higher, that is the reason my wife don't like em, says make her feet swell. I was told it was an unwise thing to do, as far as increasing the heighth of the passenger seat..

Joe
i hear ya, but i've got a wife with a 38" inseam and stands about 5-10... in order for her to ride any distance she need to be able to stretch out her right leg as far as possible... if that means raising the seat and dropping the boards forward and down an inch or two then that's what i gotta do, good idea or not... i'm gonna take a look at the ones you've got...

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn Adustable Passenger Pegs Question