Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak Luggage Rack

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 05:30 AM
tmoreau
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tour Pak Luggage Rack

ORIGINAL: reeac

The pack is great to store you helmets in, I keep two full face in there with no problem.
Same here. It's one thing HD got right.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very easy installation. Template does come with rack but it's really not needed. Lay rack on your tour pack and see where the 4 legs contact the tour pack, remove rack and lay down 2-3 widths of masking tape, lay rack back on TP and position where you want it, take pencil and trace around the 4 legs, drill small pilot holes and then use proper size bits for bolts, it has plastic cups for both inside and out and in most cases will not leak. You can even run a bead of silicone around the bolt on the inside to give a little more protction against water. Did this on 1 bike but haven't on the other 2 and have had not problems with leaking. Good Luck.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:09 AM
grooveman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's really not that hard to install but I found the template to be pretty much worthless.. I just positioned it on the tour pack where it looked straight and placed the masking tape under the mounts. Then I placed it back on and measured three or four times, stood back and looked from every angle and when I was satisfied with where it was at I marked it and drilled.. I put some sealant around the bolts as well.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Peppa1
Very easy installation. Template does come with rack but it's really not needed. Lay rack on your tour pack and see where the 4 legs contact the tour pack, remove rack and lay down 2-3 widths of masking tape, lay rack back on TP and position where you want it, take pencil and trace around the 4 legs, drill small pilot holes and then use proper size bits for bolts, it has plastic cups for both inside and out and in most cases will not leak. You can even run a bead of silicone around the bolt on the inside to give a little more protction against water. Did this on 1 bike but haven't on the other 2 and have had not problems with leaking. Good Luck.
What everyone else has said but I put the masking tape down first.If you stick rack up there and have no tape and move it and it accidentally slips, it can scratch the paint.You can get a general idea about where you want the tape should go by just looking at rack and tour pack. I used the blue painter's tape.