Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil plug stuck.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Big Cat
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil plug stuck.

You're kidding about the neighbor, right? I once used JB Weld to seal a crack in the heads of a 440 mag. You've probably got a better chance of drilling a new hole somewhere. JB Weld is some good chit!

Old 08-08-2007, 02:50 PM
swomack
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell, don't wait for the dealer to come get it! Just tie a rope around the handlebars and pull it behind your car. As long as your moving it'll stay up on two wheels... it does when you ride it. When you stop just jump out and put the jiffy stand down till the light turns green. It'll be just like riding a bicycle.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:12 PM
WOLFE1584
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blueballz profile says he's from Waco, Tx. I think it must be WACKO, Tx. !!!

Old 08-08-2007, 04:09 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

You guys are ruthless![sm=icon_rofl.gif]

=/note to self, never do something stoopid and come in here and ask for help.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Sreynold1
Tourer

I agree....TROLL. The guy dosen't even get pissed off and respond when he's referred to as a dumbass...He's just sitting back, laughing his head off.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Blueballz
Banned

I'm really disappointed by all the bashing. I thought I could get some help here. Just an update for those that have been supportive and understanding. The stealership called and they are going to have to change the oil pan(?) out for a new one. Said there was some heat damage to the frame and they are looking at possibly haveing to change out the frame too. There were some wires down there that got charred, not sure what those go to but they are looking into a fix. They have not had time to get the front and back wheels off but said that they may have to grind the axles off.[] I'm crossing my fingers that warranty will cover this, as I spoke to a family friends attorney and he is going to look into this if they give me any trouble. I'm planning on telling them it came from the factory like this as you are innocent until proven guilty and the burden of proof is on them.My bro in law is waiting for my neighbor to get home, he is going to talk to him. I'm hoping this don't get ugly.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:54 PM
smknflms
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

..too late...it's already gotten ugly. Sounds expensive...any bets how much? $7000?
They are actually taking it pretty easy on you..we have all done stupid stuff, this just goes a little beyond stripping derby screw or not putting drain plug in before oil.
Good luck.
Later

Old 08-08-2007, 05:17 PM
whateva
Tourer

Replace the oil pan, plug and all. I wouldnt take it to the delaer and tell them. I wouldnt be able to stand the embarrasment.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:29 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Hey, BB *****........

Look, there's a cheaper fix to this. Go git you a TIG welder from someone, then weld the area completely. Once done, drill an' tap a new plug hole in it, but be sure and use a 3/8" npt square-cut tap with lots of pepper on it. Yeah, pepper - it'll keep the tap from seizing in the case as you're tapping it. Of course, you'll have to wait until tomorrow because aluminum will only accept the anti-seize properties of pepper on the 5th day of the week.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19857/9AF8A2CFB8304352AC350470708638C3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Ironhorseman
Cruiser

Hey Blueballz, you should of waited for winter, pushed it out into the cold and let the metal contract, that would of made the crack smaller, and while your under there looking at the crack, don't forget to stick your tongue on the frame! Remember it works alot better when it's 50 below zero outside!
Or maybe when the guy brings it back from the stealership, you could run down the street next to it with the motor running and see if you can still see any oil leaks from the oil pan, make sure they fixed it right.

Quick Reply: Oil plug stuck.