Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil plug stuck.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:49 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
Default RE: Oil plug stuck.

THIS IS A JOKE!

Old 08-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Blueballz
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish this was a joke 1fltri4me. I really think I did it this time. Me and Sonny got the screw out, but I think I cracked the bottom of my case. He was heating it with the torch and I was banging on it with my hammer and it came loose, but we both see a crack near the screw. All the oil is out. I wonder if warranty will cover this. What can I fix this with? I'm hoping the dealer can get me in sooner than Friday. I don't feel like riding tomorrow now. My OL is going to be mad.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:11 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

This isn't for real,is it?If so what a dumbass.He and his neighbor deserve each other[8D]

Old 08-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Sreynold1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta be a joke....No way someone lets this happen.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:24 PM
RDM
Road Master

It would be fun to be there and see the service writers facewhen he tellshim there is a crack in the pan caused by his efforts to remove the plug that had JD Weld on it. And then asks if it is covered by warranty.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Blueballz
Banned

The dealership IS going to send someone out to pick it up. They told me to put the plug back in and fill it back up with oil and they would send someone to ride it back into the shop. I hope the crack was in the case BEFORE all of this and it is covered by warranty. I'm thinkingharley is going to screw me and charge me forthe crack when it could havealready been there.Not looking good as of now. This may turn into a court battle. I don't know who to go after first, my neighbor or harley.[:@]

Old 08-08-2007, 12:29 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This is a joke...but it is a funny one!

Old 08-08-2007, 12:29 PM
RDM
Road Master

Now that you have found this crack, do you plan to put some more JB Weld on the plug when you put it back in?

Old 08-08-2007, 12:30 PM
ssihogdog
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Blueballz

I wish this was a joke 1fltri4me. I really think I did it this time. Me and Sonny got the screw out, but I think I cracked the bottom of my case. He was heating it with the torch and I was banging on it with my hammer and it came loose, but we both see a crack near the screw. All the oil is out. I wonder if warranty will cover this. What can I fix this with? I'm hoping the dealer can get me in sooner than Friday. I don't feel like riding tomorrow now. My OL is going to be mad.
Now I am convinced this is a joke....if he did this after the good advice to throw out the tools, take it in, don't use heat, etc.... So why ask everyone here for help when your just going to muck it up? C'mon....

Guess cause I am sick today I can keep coming back to read this sad tale.....

Old 08-08-2007, 12:31 PM
smknflms
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

..problem solved..buy new case, and no way is dealer going to fix this under warranty. You might want to take up jogging..cause it's going to be a while before you get it running. Try not to do any of your own wrenching..get someone that knows what they are doing to take care of your bike. You are rapidly turning a $20,0000 bike into a $7000 bike.
Good Luck

Quick Reply: Oil plug stuck.