Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer quoted me, is this really what I need?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 12:51 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts
Default RE: Dealer quoted me, is this really what I need?

ORIGINAL: bowhnter7

What do you mean by a "canned" map? Do they send you the tuner with some sort of "close" setting for the bike and A/C and pipes you have?
a canned map is one that is basically a generic map for your equipment. not one that has been optimized by a dyno tune.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:08 PM
BillyO
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to get feed back on any dealer in U S, go to web site called "Dealers and Stealers."
Then you can get scoop on him.
Sounds very $$$ for some more sound. Hell I got an entire Stage two done for less than that..

Old 08-08-2007, 01:09 PM
bowhnter7
Banned

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

So now I gotta find the best place to get the pipes and fuelpak, any recommedations?

Thanks a ton guys forbeing patient with this newbie, I am really happy with the info I have gotten so far.
Several places to get great prices. As already stated M&M. There is also Eastern Performance and American Classic Motors on ebay. Bought from both and have never had a problem.

Good luck on your upgrades and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. Oh and if you wanna save a little money I can get you the parts list breakdown for the Harley SE air cleaner kit. You can order all of the parts seperately minus the filter and then order the much better K&N filter for it. Total cost is cheaper than the SE kit and you end up with a better filter. All of the Harley parts can be ordered through Charlie's HD, Chicago, Hale's or Zanottis at about 20% off. The K&N you can order at Advance or Auto Zone.
That would be great to get me a parts breakdown. I think I may have it from my quote from the dealer. The number was 29440-99D SE A/C Kit.This must be the whole kit with the air filter. Yeah if you could get me the numbers that wouldbe great.This is on a 07 Street Glide. Thanks Jeremy

Old 08-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

That would be great to get me a parts breakdown. I think I may have it from my quote from the dealer. The number was 29440-99D SE A/C Kit.This must be the whole kit with the air filter. Yeah if you could get me the numbers that wouldbe great.This is on a 07 Street Glide. Thanks Jeremy
Send me a PM and I will get you the list of the parts and the K&N filter. Do you want a chrome backplate, silver, or wrinkle black????

Old 08-08-2007, 02:20 PM
bowhnter7
Banned

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

Send me a PM and I will get you the list of the parts and the K&N filter. Do you want a chrome backplate, silver, or wrinkle black????
Chrome, PM sent.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:13 PM
jack49
Road Captain

S&S stainless ovals, priced at $ 435.00
SERT
SE air kit with K&N filter
Installed at independent shop. Bike runs awesome.
Total price $ 1160.00