Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUY AN 08 STREET GLIDE OR AN 07

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 01:19 AM
pkenyon1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BUY AN 08 STREET GLIDE OR AN 07

Check out the USA website too; I did that and it also shows cruise on there!

Old 08-09-2007, 06:14 AM
threadkiller
Novice

I'd get the '07. The Brembos are UGLY and NON REBUILDABLE (you REPLACE them!)Fly by wire? Your cell or pacemaker goes off and you bike dies or accelerates. Bigger tank? Big deal. You're gonna want to stretch your legs every 200 miles or so anyway. The prices/incentives are going to keep coming. My local dealer is stacking and storing '08s cuz he'sstill has over 100 '07a on the showroom floor. TK.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:07 AM
racklefratz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: threadkiller
The prices/incentives are going to keep coming. My local dealer is stacking and storing '08s cuz he'sstill has over 100 '07a on the showroom floor.
Dealers in my area are doing the same thing - hiding all the '08s in the storeroom till they move the 07s.

New car dealers can't wait to get the new year models out for sale, and they just incentivize pricing on the older inventory to move them. HD dealers don't seem to want any of that - "Screw the customer and what he wants to buy - I'll be the judge of when people can start buying these new bikes - to hell with 'em - they can wait".

Old 08-09-2007, 09:22 AM
bonz50
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: threadkiller

I'd get the '07. The Brembos are UGLY and NON REBUILDABLE (you REPLACE them!)
if they work better than the previous ones, who friggin cares, the older brakes sucked big time and need to be replaced anyway imho... besides, i don't know about you, but I've used brembo's in the past along with many other brands of calipers, never had to rebuild one anyway... don't forget, ABS is an nice option for many...
Fly by wire? Your cell or pacemaker goes off and you bike dies or accelerates.
I'm not a big fan of this personally...
Bigger tank? Big deal. You're gonna want to stretch your legs every 200 miles or so anyway.
only the mileage hounds will care, i really don't
The prices/incentives are going to keep coming. My local dealer is stacking and storing '08s cuz he'sstill has over 100 '07a on the showroom floor. TK.
can ya blame him??? i'd want to clear at least 99% of my inventory before I started putting out 08's as well... then again, i wouldn't let my showroom have empty spaces either, i'd just keep the 07 at the front of the showroom and stuff the 08's at the back... cut a few deals on 07 and price hike the 08's (msrp +)...

in the end, the way I see it, HD is making some nice moves, price increases seem to be in line with the rest of the industry and while i disagree with some of the decisions they made on the line up this year, i can't argue with it overall...

Old 08-09-2007, 07:02 PM
racklefratz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bonz50
can ya blame him??? i'd want to clear at least 99% of my inventory before I started putting out 08's as well... then again, i wouldn't let my showroom have empty spaces either, i'd just keep the 07 at the front of the showroom and stuff the 08's at the back... cut a few deals on 07 and price hike the 08's (msrp +)...
By not getting the new models out on the showroom floor, these HD dealers are violating Marketing Rule #1, which is, do whatever it takes to give the customer what he wants-the primary objective of sales is to make customers happy.

New car dealers can't wait to get the new year models on floor. Why are motorcycles any different?

When you have prior year inventory left-over, you put the new stuff on display, and price the older stuff to move.