Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Solo Street Glide ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 01:16 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 311 Likes on 181 Posts
Default C&C Solo Street Glide ?

Putting a list of changes together for a planned 21 SG Special, my girlfriend has her own scooter and I am interested in a solo seat and C&C is at the top of the list. The only thing I am unsure about is the backrest option. It's costly and I am also going to go with a chopped tour pak in a forward position and use the backrest, see pic below for reference. Anyone have any real world experience with the solo seat and backrest? Pic below has the drivers backrest but I have found a few posts on mounting the tour pak considerably more forward. But this is the look I am after in general.

Peace out

Old 09-19-2021, 01:26 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,935 Likes on 4,695 Posts

I am currently running a Mustang Super Solo and it has a detachable rider back rest. I find the seat to be incredibly comfortable, if not just a little bulky. I have a Saddlemen Stepup on the way as well. I need at least a little lower back support. I have not tried a tour pack in the solo position.

Old 09-19-2021, 01:40 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 531 Posts

Have had my C&C solo since around 2010 or so, no rider backrest. I can ride all day long.

Which what I keep on my Rig most of the time.

But to fair, I do have a C&C Sports Touring w/ rider back rest for when my wife wants to jump on or when touring.

YB

Old 09-19-2021, 01:50 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Many thanks, the lower back support is the only thing I am curious about. However, for years I ran a Mustang dual tour with no backrest and didn't have any issues either.

Old 09-19-2021, 02:47 PM
maxxym
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,194 Likes on 1,124 Posts

Originally Posted by Badbagger
Many thanks, the lower back support is the only thing I am curious about. However, for years I ran a Mustang dual tour with no backrest and didn't have any issues either.
I was considering C&C but at the end I went with LePera Monterey. It has a 6 inch lumbar support. I did the backrest option in it when I get their backrest.

Old 09-19-2021, 05:28 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Nice looking seat !

Old 09-19-2021, 06:06 PM
gonemad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,032 Likes on 2,820 Posts

I currently run a Mustang Super Tour solo with backrest like @NoRegerts above, which is 17” wide, versus the widest C&C solo for a bagger which is two inches narrower at 15". I’m 6’3” 220lbs and use ALL of that 17”, plus the largest Airhawk fits perfect on it for the long rides.

Old 09-19-2021, 06:29 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,805 Likes on 3,167 Posts

C&C is awesome. I have a custom leather SportTour in my garage that I had built for my Dyna. I wish I had gotten one for my Street Glide, but made a quick choice on the CVO seat, which I also like.

Get the C&C!

Old 09-19-2021, 06:30 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,935 Likes on 4,695 Posts

Originally Posted by gonemad
I currently run a Mustang Super Tour solo with backrest like @NoRegerts above, which is 17” wide, versus the widest C&C solo for a bagger which is two inches narrower at 15". I’m 6’3” 220lbs and use ALL of that 17”, plus the largest Airhawk fits perfect on it for the long rides.
I guess I'll add, I'm 6ft 210, and the Mustang is wide enough that I don't have enough *** to fill it. I'm actually sitting next to the bike so I was able to get more helpful pics. The seat moved me back a little and raised me. Neither was an issue, but I rocked my 12in bars back a little to compensate.

The following users liked this post:
gonemad (09-19-2021)
Old 09-19-2021, 09:14 PM
nickrat
Tourer
Received 124 Likes on 66 Posts

I can't speak for the solo seat but I have a C&C fastback with the backrest and its a great seat. I only use the backrest for longer trips. I just got back this evening from a trip, rode NC to PA on Friday, worked on my sons bike and rode a little Saturday, then rode back today, just under 1200 miles total. The backrest makes a big difference for me on long trips. I would suggest spending the extra for it.

Quick Reply: C&C Solo Street Glide ?