Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C Solo Street Glide ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 04:39 AM
pyuchem
Road Warrior
Received 930 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
I guess I'll add, I'm 6ft 210, and the Mustang is wide enough that I don't have enough *** to fill it. I'm actually sitting next to the bike so I was able to get more helpful pics. The seat moved me back a little and raised me. Neither was an issue, but I rocked my 12in bars back a little to compensate.
That was my experience with mustang too, raised me a bit. Back to oem seat. I’ll have to send my seat to mean city cycle for long distance comfort. May also look at this c&c seat.

Old 09-20-2021, 06:20 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,264 Likes on 2,487 Posts

you don't mention how often/long you'll have your tourpack mounted. if it's just occasionally, then getting the backrest option in the seat might be preferred. but if you're planning on leaving the tourpack in the solo position all the time, just get the backrest pad for the tourpack and save the money on the backrest for the seat.

i also have the wide solo from c&c, with no backrest option. and i run the tourpack in the solo position, using the backrest pad on the tourpack. i only use the tourpack occasionally though.

Old 09-20-2021, 01:07 PM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,573 Likes on 1,119 Posts

I agree with skratch. If there's ever a time when you're not riding with the TP, get the backrest. I have a couple of solo seats, including the C&C, both have backrests. If you do get the chopped TP, get the metal plate that goes on the bottom of the TP. It'll relieve the stress on the TP when you use it as a backrest.

Old 09-20-2021, 01:15 PM
maxxym
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,194 Likes on 1,124 Posts

By the way @Badbagger , that is a beautiful bike. I never liked the TP on bikes, but yours being forward like that, flows very nicely.

Old 09-20-2021, 04:56 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 311 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by maxxym
By the way @Badbagger , that is a beautiful bike. I never liked the TP on bikes, but yours being forward like that, flows very nicely.
Thanks, that particular scooter is not mine but the 2021 I am buying will look the same when I am done.

Old 09-22-2021, 03:57 PM
byronk
Road Captain
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a C&C solo with pilon for the wife on my street glide and love it. If I had it to do again id have had them make it with the backrest option so I could add one later. Its in the pan of the seat so you cant have it done after the seat is finished. This is the 3rd bike ive had one of there seat on and will continue to use them on anything in the future.

The following 2 users liked this post by byronk:
Badbagger (09-22-2021), NorthWestern (09-22-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 11:46 PM
SonicGlide
Cruiser
Received 87 Likes on 32 Posts

The old style mounted in the stock solo position (C&C seat) is perfect backrest for me. If you are able to do this with a new model post photos of how it mounts. I might add a new model someday and would like to do again. Having two backrests doesn't seem right to me.

The following users liked this post:
Badbagger (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 05:10 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 311 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by SonicGlide
The old style mounted in the stock solo position (C&C seat) is perfect backrest for me. If you are able to do this with a new model post photos of how it mounts. I might add a new model someday and would like to do again. Having two backrests doesn't seem right to me.

Just what I am looking to do, I am going to keep TP on permanently. Girlfriend has plans to buy her own scooter so I am riding solo. Sweet ride !

Old 09-24-2021, 07:54 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,264 Likes on 2,487 Posts

Originally Posted by SonicGlide
new model tourpack is the same. i have that setup, only i bought a king tourpack since the chopped doesn't have room enough for full face helmets, and instead of the wrap around backrest, i'm going to use a banana pad from c&c.

Old 09-24-2021, 08:14 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,827 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
new model tourpack is the same. i have that setup, only i bought a king tourpack since the chopped doesn't have room enough for full face helmets, and instead of the wrap around backrest, i'm going to use a banana pad from c&c.
I am looking at that very setup, for the same reasons

Quick Reply: C&C Solo Street Glide ?