Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 FLHXS and Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2022 | 04:40 PM
ajtwin
Cruiser

I just found this thread.
Thank you for taking me along for the ride.

Lovely bikes!
Best wishes,
--AJ

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (02-05-2022)
Old 02-13-2022 | 04:49 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

When I returned from the bike show I noticed the outer halo ring on the left front turn signal was not working. CRAP, right? I went with HD this time because I like the look far better than CD. We were planning an all day ride yesterday. I was checking the bike over including the air pressure in each tire. I knew the front turn signal would drive my OCD mind totally crazy all day. So I decided to pop it out and tke a look at it. The connection was clean, the light was not damaged and all looked fine. I plugged it back in and PESTO the halo was back on. Wierd to me that the turn signal was still working and the halo did not, then unplug, plug back and all works fine. We rode 200 miles and it was still on an working when we returned home. It is still under warranty so I was not concerned, but was afraid I may have got a bad one.

A great report on the Ohlins suspension. I have it dialed in perfectly for two up. The Carolina Girl was thrilled at how comfortable it rides. The handling for me was the ticket.

If you want to see the details of our ride and pictures click the link to my threaad in the Road Trips section:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/road-...orback-72.html

603Hog (02-14-2022)
Old 03-12-2022 | 08:46 PM
StreetGlide2021
Cruiser

@Cosmic Razorback cool upgrades and post. Just waiting on the warmer weather to come

Cosmic Razorback (03-12-2022)
Old 03-12-2022 | 09:36 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by StreetGlide2021
@Cosmic Razorback cool upgrades and post. Just waiting on the warmer weather to come

Copy that on the warm weather!

Last weekend we were riding without jackets. Today it was 34 degrees, snow flurries and winds over 30 mph!

Old 03-12-2022 | 11:24 PM
ULTRA ZOOM
Cruiser

Cosmic , Your bike looks great ! I have a question , what brand of highway mounts do you have ?

Old 03-13-2022 | 06:07 AM
BRKLYN1955
Tourer

Beautiful Bike the SG, so. Ongratulations!

Cosmic Razorback (03-13-2022)
Old 03-13-2022 | 08:00 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by ULTRA ZOOM
Cosmic , Your bike looks great ! I have a question , what brand of highway mounts do you have ?
Those are the HD short angled using the rear passenger pegs that came with the SGS.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...it/p/50830-07A

Not an easy fit. These new short crash bars bulge out and are not completely straight and uniform diameter. I had modify them slightly to make them fit.

Originally Posted by BRKLYN1955
Beautiful Bike the SG, so. Ongratulations!
Thank you

Old 03-14-2022 | 10:33 PM
ULTRA ZOOM
Cruiser

Cosmic, Thanks for the response , I tried those and they would not fit. They are 1.25 in and the specials have a 1.5 in engine guard. I have a 21 Road Glide Special. To bad Harley doesnt make Hi- way mounts to fit.

Old 03-16-2022 | 10:41 AM
Zonktified
Tourer

Great post and beautiful bike! Thanks for sharing. I'm really digging that seat and was wondering which particular Saddleman that was. I looked at the tag you showed, but didn't see a model number. I currently switch between the stock seat on my 19RGS, and a generic HD fat *** two up seat...it's comfy, but not much on looks. I wanted to get a new solo seat, but a nice two up like this one would be even better!

Thanks if you could steer me in the right direction.

Old 03-16-2022 | 11:27 AM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Zonktified
Great post and beautiful bike! Thanks for sharing. I'm really digging that seat and was wondering which particular Saddleman that was. I looked at the tag you showed, but didn't see a model number. I currently switch between the stock seat on my 19RGS, and a generic HD fat *** two up seat...it's comfy, but not much on looks. I wanted to get a new solo seat, but a nice two up like this one would be even better!

Thanks if you could steer me in the right direction.
A couple of things first. People like soft, fluffy, Cush seats for some reason. My experience with that type is they collapse and leave you without support on a long days ride and add to pressure points. Lots of folks here on the sight complain that the Saddleman is HARD. It is FIRM, but that’s what makes it great. It fully supports you all day and I have yet to feel a pressure point. I will be ready to get off the bike after an hour or two, but find that just standing and moving around even a short time for gas and I’m ready to go again. Your experience may be different.

Second I ordered the seat without the riders back rest because of price. Much to my surprise I received the upgraded seat with the riders backrest which was a nice surprise. I can only assume since the seat is the same and they had those in stock they decided to ship instead of back order. Got mine through Dennis Kirk.

I love it and we do plan to upgrade the CVO seating to the same except black with different stitching which will look better on that bike.

See pictures below with part numbers off DK website.

Quick Reply: 2021 FLHXS and Upgrades