Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 FLHXS and Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2022 | 08:24 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,959 Likes on 1,448 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Guess what's in the box?

the 1.21 gigawatt Fluxx capacitor?

Old 01-27-2022 | 11:47 AM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,279 Likes on 7,400 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
131?

I wish! LOL

No the box is not that big.

Originally Posted by rauchman
Beautiful bike....congrats., Those handlebars look perfect. With the increased handlebar height, does the fairing still protect the hands?
Thank You
Yes, you still get protection from the fairing. I’ve wondered even thought I ordered 12 inch if they may have seen 10inch in error. Like you I do like them, but they are not as tall as other 12 inch bars I am run.

The following users liked this post:
rauchman (01-27-2022)
Old 01-27-2022 | 12:38 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 652 Likes on 455 Posts

Guess what's in the box?

Ohlins shocks

Old 01-27-2022 | 01:16 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by lefty33
Ohlins shocks

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course you may have seen a hint I posted in another thread?

I am a real fan of Pro-Action. I had fully planned to add Pro-Action to the SGS also. But two things happened. I got a very generous HD gift card from my Daughter and some cash from my wife with strings attached. She saw the shocks installed at the dealersip and heard the sales pitch and fell in love with them. I went to the dealership and much to my surprise was able to negotiate a 15% discount and presto, I own my first pair of Ohlins shocks!

I am actually excited to try something different and actually be able to give an honest comparison. If all goes well I will install these on Saturday morning while watching round three of snow falls melt. May be a while before I can give them a road test.

I watched every YouTube video on these and simliar Ohlins and what really sold me was the bracket for the reservoirs. Nice setup and I like the color for this bike.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
NoRegerts (01-27-2022), rauchman (01-27-2022)
Old 01-27-2022 | 01:23 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course you may have seen a hint I posted in another thread?

I am a real fan of Pro-Action. I had fully planned to add Pro-Action to the SGS also. But two things happened. I got a very generous HD gift card from my Daughter and some cash from my wife with strings attached. She saw the shocks installed at the dealersip and heard the sales pitch and fell in love with them. I went to the dealership and much to my surprise was able to negotiate a 15% discount and presto, I own my first pair of Ohlins shocks!

I am actually excited to try something different and actually be able to give an honest comparison. If all goes well I will install these on Saturday morning while watching round three of snow falls melt. May be a while before I can give them a road test.

I watched every YouTube video on these and simliar Ohlins and what really sold me was the bracket for the reservoirs. Nice setup and I like the color for this bike.
Awesome...what do I win? Maybe a cup of coffee next time we come down to ride the BRP.

Also a fan of Pro-Action (had them on my previous bike). So far not unhappy with the stock shocks on the RGL but am thinking I may try the Russ Wernimont Designs RS-1 when the time comes.

Old 01-27-2022 | 01:55 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by lefty33
Awesome...what do I win? Maybe a cup of coffee next time we come down to ride the BRP.

Also a fan of Pro-Action (had them on my previous bike). So far not unhappy with the stock shocks on the RGL but am thinking I may try the Russ Wernimont Designs RS-1 when the time comes.

I’ll buy you coffee and breakfast! Would enjoying meeting you.

You have a beautiful bike. Let’s face it there are much better options than the stock shocks. The newer setup is nice if you have not tried anything else.

Stay warm!

Old 01-27-2022 | 02:32 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior

I’ll buy you coffee and breakfast! Would enjoying meeting you.

You have a beautiful bike. Let’s face it there are much better options than the stock shocks. The newer setup is nice if you have not tried anything else.

Stay warm!
Thanks! Can't go wrong with green...right? Would enjoy meeting you as well. Rode the BRP a couple of times and look forward to the next.

Last time we were down your way in NC/TN we stayed in Bryson City and did day trips in all directions. Also had a totally random meeting of a Forum member in a parking lot in Townsend TN. Heard a bike sound system pounding so I wandered over. Recognized the bike from posts here in the Audio section and asked...sure enough it was him!

Sure wish we were only a couple of days away for all the snow to melt. If we're lucky it will be a couple months.

Enjoy and report back on your thoughts on the Ohlins.

Cosmic Razorback (01-27-2022)
Old 01-27-2022 | 04:40 PM
StrtKing
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Great write up Cosmic, I enjoy seeing everything you’re adding to the bike. Keep it coming.

Old 01-27-2022 | 08:12 PM
Gorion
Road Captain
Veteran: Coast GuardVeteran: Navy
Received 368 Likes on 208 Posts

Love your bike. Having snake venom myself I’m kinda biased lol.

Old 01-27-2022 | 08:18 PM
Bearpaw Mearle
Road Captain
Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts

Cosmic,

That is a beautiful bike! Did you notice any performance issues after you installed the slip-ons?

Quick Reply: 2021 FLHXS and Upgrades