Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 FLHXS and Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2023 | 05:23 PM
6113_
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 33,007 Likes on 12,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Trying to help you all I can brother. If I really did we would have a blast!

I did buy the aux light brackets but have been dragging my feet on buying the Clearwaters and CANBUS controller from Denali, maybe next month I'll find one of them roundtuits laying on the floor and pick it up

This clutch thing though, that might happen next week since we have a real world review here now

Old 01-30-2024 | 07:21 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,279 Likes on 7,400 Posts

I guess I need to ask the mods to update the thread title. It’s not new anymore! LOL

It is hard to believe that it has been 2-1/2 years now and only 8k miles. But it is our local run around bike and we have sure enjoyed her.

If you follow my threads we now also have a 22 Road Glide and I have put 16 inch LAChopper Thresher on it. Now the 12 inch LA Chopper Twin Peaks seem way too short. I have complained since I got them that they are the shortest 12 inch bars I have owned. Nice bars, good quality, but just too short.

I made the decision to order Vindikta 14 inch Hoop Teeze street Glide T-Bars in black. I love the look and feel of this type of bar on the Road Glide and excited about getting a taller bar. I do also plan to order a new Magnum Shielding clutch cable. I am still sitting on the fence whether to add heated grips at this time. I probably won’t but it has crossed my mind. I received a tracking number from them today and they are on the way!

I’ll post up pictures when they arrive and I get them installed.

I also ordered the Santoro “Not Yo Daddy’s Crash Bars for the front to match the bag guards which are already installed. I’m also adding their Cadillac wheels to the crash bars.

As the old saying goes, never say you are finished!

The following 2 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
BrandonSmith (01-30-2024), pyuchem (01-30-2024)
Old 01-30-2024 | 08:27 PM
pyuchem
Road Warrior
Received 1,025 Likes on 503 Posts

That's sweet looking bike

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (01-31-2024)
Old 02-17-2024 | 09:21 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

The Carolina Girl knew I meant business today when I put on my number 1 shop shirt. My Florida Powerboat Club sweatshirt from back in 2001 when we did our first Miami to Key West Poker Run. One of the oldest pieces of clothing I own and a favorite. She laughs and says it has oil and grease from our last two boats, 7 motorcycles, three Jeeps and tractor and lawn mower!

Yeah time to dress up the Santoro Fab Works bag guards and replace the from crash bars. The Snake Venom paint turns purple from some angles in the sun, so we went with purple accents. We both give it two thumbs up.

The stock chrome crash bars with Vision X LED’s.

We added Cadillac wheels to the bottom of the bag guards.

Stay tuned for a new handlebar install!

Old 02-17-2024 | 09:48 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Vindiikta Hoop-Teeze Handle Bars

I was happy with the LA Chopper 12 inch Twin Peaks bars. But after adding the 16 inch Threshers on the Road Glide (see below), I have fell in love with this style bar and the narrow width.

The kind of these especially for the FLHXS models is Vindikta. They invented the poor man’s tee bars called the Hoop-Teeze.

I wanted 16 inch, but they had a long lead time. The deciding factor for the 14’s was also not having to change the clutch cable or front brake line.

Shoutout to Vindikta. These are a very high quality bar. They should be for what they cost. The powder coating is thick and the inside of these bars is smooth. I have never had an easier bar to pull wires through. It was a very easy install.

Here is the finished product:

I look forward to testing them out tomorrow. They look great and feel even better.

I’ll be putting the LA Choppers in the classified soon. They are beautiful bars and in very good condition. Here is a little comparison between the two bars and some photos while they were still on the bike.

12 inch LA Chopper Twin Peaks still on the bike before I pulled them off today.

Comparison side by side:

Glad that job is done. Cleared a code, and she fired right up. This is the 5th set of bars I have installed now.

The following 3 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
BrandonSmith (02-18-2024), bson (02-18-2024), StreetGlide2021 (02-18-2024)
Old 02-19-2024 | 05:16 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Vindikta Hoop-Teeze 14 inch

I rode Sunday 65 miles (48 degrees) to Smokin HD just to get out, get some two wheel time and try out the new bars.

They are exceptional.

I had a guy come up to me in the parking lot that loved the crash and bag guards. He has a 23 SG ST and plans to add them to his bike. I loved that his 12 year old daughter was on the bike with him as cool as it was.

Okay, shifting gears a little. I have been running Rokform handle bar mounts on both bikes. I love them, the best on the market period. But with the 1-1/2 inch bars there is a problem. The clamp on style does not fit. I went with the perch mount on the RG CVO, but I have decided to not run one on the SGS.

I’ve also been using the AA Wireless. This thing is amazing. I’ve used it several months now on the RG and love it. I plugged it into the USB port in the mini phone cubby and it fit great and you can close the door. Because it is

to your phone you can move it bike to bike, and even your car. It does not matter what it’s plugged into. Just plug it in, start the bike and presto, you have connection and Android audio right on the screen

BrandonSmith (02-19-2024), Steelie68 (02-20-2024)
Old 02-19-2024 | 09:14 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 3,167 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Awesome upgrades!

For a SG phone mount, I like my Ciro fairing mount. Front and center.

Cosmic Razorback (02-20-2024)
Old 02-20-2024 | 06:06 AM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
Awesome upgrades!

For a SG phone mount, I like my Ciro fairing mount. Front and center.

Thank you, we have it pretty much like we want. The bike is a lot of fun to ride.

The Ciro phone mount is interesting. I just took a look at it.

Old 04-10-2024 | 02:04 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

The best money I have spent recently: Oberon Levers.

They look great, feel great and are much easier on the hands.

I ordered these direct from Oberon. I was amazed at how fast they arrived. I ordered on a Sunday evening, had a tracking number Monday morning and they were on my porch Wednesday from the UK.

I’ll be ordering a set for the CVO RG in chrome, and they’ll come from HogLevers because of the chrome finish.

pyuchem (04-10-2024), StreetGlide2021 (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024 | 03:15 PM
pyuchem
Road Warrior
Received 1,025 Likes on 503 Posts

The best money I have spent recently: Oberon Levers.

They look great, feel great and are much easier on the hands.

I ordered these direct from Oberon. I was amazed at how fast they arrived. I ordered on a Sunday evening, had a tracking number Monday morning and they were on my porch Wednesday from the UK.

I’ll be ordering a set for the CVO RG in chrome, and they’ll come from HogLevers because of the chrome finish.
That's what I have and I love it.

Cosmic Razorback (04-10-2024)

Quick Reply: 2021 FLHXS and Upgrades