Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 FLHXS and Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2022 | 08:41 AM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,279 Likes on 7,400 Posts
Default Santoro Fabworx Bag Guards

The Carolina Girl requested bag guards for the Street Glide. After showing her every type available she chose the Santoro Fabworx "Not Yo Daddy's Bag Guards". We have been trying to order in chrome and use the back sliders as contrast but they are no longer offering chrome. We decided after some discussion to go with black and we are both very happy with the look and the ease of installation. I elected to cut off the bag support rod which was easy.

There may be some Cadillac wheels for these in the future?

The following users liked this post:
pyuchem (11-26-2022)
Old 11-26-2022 | 08:44 AM
6113_
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 33,007 Likes on 12,902 Posts

is the rest of it on back order?

The following 2 users liked this post by 6113_:
BrandonSmith (11-29-2022), Cosmic Razorback (11-26-2022)
Old 11-26-2022 | 08:50 AM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by 6113_
is the rest of it on back order?
Money's tight. Just buying one piece at a time.

Can I hold a dollar?

StreetGlide2021 (11-26-2022)
Old 11-27-2022 | 01:50 PM
destination highway
Road Master
Received 1,643 Likes on 440 Posts

Trying to be honest here without sounding disrespectful is gonna be a challenge . With all due respect Coz, those “bag guards” are fugly. They look like they were fabricated by a blind drunken one armed hillbilly from junk metal found laying in the back of the garage. The bike is beautiful..but those mf’rs look like a pus oozing hairy wart on there. Maybe they gave them to you for free and they’re paying you to keep them on?

I apologize if this comes off as insulting, but that killer gorgeous bike is too classy for those things. Hope you don’t bang your knee on one while walking past it . You sure they weren’t made for a Ural or something?

The following 3 users liked this post by destination highway:
Cosmic Razorback (11-27-2022), DC2009EGUC (11-27-2022), Diesel X (11-27-2022)
Old 11-27-2022 | 01:57 PM
Vipers Harley
Road Captain
Received 198 Likes on 130 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^what he said. WITH RESPECT!However, it's your ride and if you like them that's what matters.

Cosmic Razorback (11-27-2022)
Old 11-27-2022 | 03:50 PM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,980 Likes on 955 Posts

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
The Carolina Girl requested bag guards for the Street Glide. After showing her every type available she chose the Santoro Fabworx "Not Yo Daddy's Bag Guards". We have been trying to order in chrome and use the back sliders as contrast but they are no longer offering chrome. We decided after some discussion to go with black and we are both very happy with the look and the ease of installation.
The best thing about customizing your own ride is pleasing only those who really matter. I'd say you accomplished that in spades with this bike, which is all you can ask for. Wife happy...You happy...bike is primo. I think the bag guards are fairly stealth-looking and help accomplish the custom look. Nicely done.

The following 3 users liked this post by StoneTrekker:
6113_ (11-27-2022), Cosmic Razorback (11-27-2022), StreetGlide2021 (11-28-2022)
Old 11-27-2022 | 08:23 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by destination highway
Trying to be honest here without sounding disrespectful is gonna be a challenge . With all due respect Coz, those “bag guards” are fugly. They look like they were fabricated by a blind drunken one armed hillbilly from junk metal found laying in the back of the garage. The bike is beautiful..but those mf’rs look like a pus oozing hairy wart on there. Maybe they gave them to you for free and they’re paying you to keep them on?

I apologize if this comes off as insulting, but that killer gorgeous bike is too classy for those things. Hope you don’t bang your knee on one while walking past it . You sure they weren’t made for a Ural or something?
Originally Posted by Vipers Harley
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^what he said. WITH RESPECT!However, it's your ride and if you like them that's what matters.
Originally Posted by StoneTrekker
The best thing about customizing your own ride is pleasing only those who really matter. I'd say you accomplished that in spades with this bike, which is all you can ask for. Wife happy...You happy...bike is primo. I think the bag guards are fairly stealth-looking and help accomplish the custom look. Nicely done.

I truly respect guys that are not afraid to share their honest opinion done in a respectful manor. It helps others that may be on the fence to make up their minds as well.

Yeah these are not for everyone. I will say that we looked at them online a long while. We did not decide on them until we saw them on a bike at the Smokeout a couple of months back. To me they look much better in person. Hard to photograph. They are unique which we like and the key factor is that they work if needed.

Thanks all, especially StoneTrekker.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
destination highway (11-27-2022), StreetGlide2021 (11-28-2022)
Old 11-28-2022 | 08:17 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,286 Likes on 3,431 Posts

Yeah these are not for everyone.
You know I love your machines. I am not a fan of ANY bag guards, no matter the brand, but those are really something, brother.

Things grow on me over time...you just never know! Hope you and the Mrs had a fantastic holiday weekend, sir!

Old 01-05-2023 | 02:55 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Update on the Fugly bag guards.

WE LOVE THEM!

The Carolina Girl is very happy and I like them more every day.

There is another upgrade needed. The headlight alone is just not adequate. We have been looking at lighting options. I love the Clearwater spots we have on the CVO, but don’t want to hang additional lights on the SGS if there is a better option. Right now we are leaning toward the Baja LP6 upgrade in place of the headlight. Still doing research. I would like to hear what you guys have done on your Street Glides.

Right safe

NorthWestern (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023 | 03:06 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,286 Likes on 3,431 Posts

Update on the Fugly bag guards.

WE LOVE THEM!

The Carolina Girl is very happy and I like them more every day.

There is another upgrade needed. The headlight alone is just not adequate. We have been looking at lighting options. I love the Clearwater spots we have on the CVO, but don’t want to hang additional lights on the SGS if there is a better option. Right now we are leaning toward the Baja LP6 upgrade in place of the headlight. Still doing research. I would like to hear what you guys have done on your Street Glides.

Right safe
I am still very pleased with my JW Speaker 8700 Gen 2.

If I had to do it all over again, I would go with the latest gen of their adaptive light. The most recent reviews are more positive than the prior iterations https://www.jwspeaker.com/adaptive-2...cle-headlight/

The following 2 users liked this post by NorthWestern:
6113_ (01-05-2023), Cosmic Razorback (01-05-2023)

Quick Reply: 2021 FLHXS and Upgrades