Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another what exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 09:22 AM
Mighty Eohippus
Tourer
Received 198 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Another what exhaust question

Howdy all. Please don't flame on me for asking this. Have a new to me 05 Road King TC88. I ask because it looks like a Full Bore exhaust, but it may be a knock off. I only ask to know if I can pull the baffles out and wrap them, or if it's even a good idea. It's fairly loud, moreso obviously when I get on it.

The headers are true duals with heat shields running the length of them, and no markings on them that I can see. Trying to learn the history of the bike is a no-go. Everyone at the large indy shop knows the bike and all say "oh you got a great bike" and the PO was well known/respected and all said "if you bought so and so's bike he did everything to it." Kind of meaningless to me without facts. I know it doesn't have the stock rev-limiter as it screams.

The oil pump is a gear drive pump, and it's a stage 1 ac on it, but there's no visible fuel pack. Hwy mileage is about 37 (80+ mph) to 42, and the plugs look clean/normal when I replaced them. But the hwy droning from the pipes is a bit much, even after I scored the hard saddlebags. It seems louder than when I had the OEM leather hard bags on it. Wanted to tone it down a bit. Thanks all!
Oh, the only markings on the pipes say "DA" and I believe it says "CAN" also