Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXR Division Bars for Road Glides

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 09:42 PM
BarrettsPrivateer
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default FXR Division Bars for Road Glides

I don’t like the stock Road Glide Special bars at all and had to try something different. I’d been strongly considering a riser/moto bar set up for my road glide but I wanted to keep my fork lock so I decided to try out FXR Division’s 12” Motorwitch bars for road glides.

FXR Division says: “…the Narrow Width (30.5” from end to end with a 12 Degree Wrist Angle which we have found the to be the closest to Natural Wrist Position) and Stance of a T Bar, allow for a Direct Mount to your Factory Riser WITHOUT any need for expensive Gauge and/or Handlebar Relocation Plates, give FULL visibility of your gauges and Media Center…” This sounded good to me so I ordered them up.

I did the install myself, no big surprises but had to de-pin one connector on the throttle side to allow the wiring to be pulled through the two sharp 90* bends. Pulling in the throttle side still sucks though lol. Easily enough slack on my ‘20 RGS for all the stock wiring and the clutch and brake lines to work. I had to tap down the locating pin in the lower handlebar clamp (sticks into a hole on bottom of the stock bars to limit fwd & rev rotation of bars in the clamps). And also had to file down similar positioning pins on the inside of both the brake and clutch perch clamps as the motorwitch bars didn’t have any holes for positioning.

These Motorwitch bars from FXR Division are excellent quality. Black powder coat arrived flawless, bends looked uniform and even, notch for TBW is sized perfectly. Their width and height both feel great, but I don’t like how far I’m reaching for them. This is just simply my problem and nothing to do with the excellent quality of their product.

Excellent product quality, fair price, decent delivery time, no complaints about the product at all. Just not the fit/feel I was hoping for.

Edit: I’m 6ft tall, average reach.

Bonus: Biltwell’s Alumicore grips feel great and are also of great quality. Highly recommend.

The following users liked this post:
FatboysFatboy96 (08-23-2021)