Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 SG Cruise Control Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 07:09 PM
drdiesel1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 SG Cruise Control Install

I installed my Cruise control on Saturday and tested it today....Works great.
I did not remove the fairing from the bike as per the instruction. (not necessary).
The cable lash adjustment procedure was very easy to do.
I recommend this to everyone.
The bike is pre-wired, itruns on the J1850 data bus line.
The kit lists for(I got mine for $290.00+ tax)$339.95 @ your local Stealer. Ithas the module, power switchand right side switch control assembly. Its plug and play.[sm=happy046.gif]

Old 08-06-2007, 07:19 PM
fastony
Advanced
Default RE: 2007 SG Cruise Control Install

Im wanting to put one on my EG, Has anyone ever installed a CB/ intercom on an EG classic?

Old 08-06-2007, 07:48 PM
07street
Tourer

ORIGINAL: drdiesel1

I installed my Cruise control on Saturday and tested it today....Works great.
I did not remove the fairing from the bike as per the instruction. (not necessary).
The cable lash adjustment procedure was very easy to do.
I recommend this to everyone.
The bike is pre-wired, itruns on the J1850 data bus line.
The kit lists for(I got mine for $290.00+ tax)$339.95 @ your local Stealer. Ithas the module, power switchand right side switch control assembly. Its plug and play.[sm=happy046.gif]
I installed CC on my SG a few weeks ago. I agree it's pretty much plug and play. What I don't understand is why this is not on all touring models from the factory. ( I quess cost) However I'm very pleased with the CC and wish I had it sooner. Makes a long day on the road a lot easier

Old 08-06-2007, 10:06 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: drdiesel1
I installed my Cruise control on Saturday and tested it today... Its plug and play.[sm=happy046.gif]
I for one found this more difficult than "plug and play," although it is true the bike is wired for CC from the factory. The lack of instructions and nebulous referal to proper wiring in the CC-section of the service manual took a while for me to decypher. Nowhere in my instructions was there mention of the pin locations for inserting the small connectors into the harness, and although pin assignments were mentioned in the CC-section of the manual (red wire into pin 1, etc.), they didn't say where they were located, and the harness wasn't marked. That info was buried in the electrical section, and all that took me 30 minutes to dig up. A simple diagram in the instructions would've been a great help.

Another glitch was that the switch-housing/brake-lever assembly didn't want to reinstall. Not sure what that was all about, as I've done that job many times in the past. That took another 30 min., as did losing one of the throttle ferrules and having to travel to the local dealer to get another. It was one of those installations that for me was not destined for smooth sailing. Perhaps had I delayed one day and the stars and planets were in different positions, who knows.

But as always I persevered and it worked perfectly from the outset. It was worth it, and is probably HD's most worthwhile accessories.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:08 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: 07street

What I don't understand is why this is not on all touring models from the factory.
Why would they make it standard when they can sell it to you later for $300?

Old 08-06-2007, 10:11 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Can you keep the star wheel tensioner for use on the throttle when CC is not paratical? Iinterested in this for other than SG.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:47 AM
drdiesel1
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider

Can you keep the star wheel tensioner for use on the throttle when CC is not paratical? Iinterested in this for other than SG.

The new switch pod has the hole for it, but I left it off. Never used it anyway.[8D]
You could transfer it if you like.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:29 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider

Mine wouldn't fit in the new housing, and even if it did I think it would be a bad idea installing it. If it is tight and the CC activated, it might cause problems for the servo motor as it tries to move the throttle.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:53 PM
reh13
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chicago Harley's price is 271.96.I imagine Zanotti's price is pretty much the same.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:27 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks. I use mine all the time. I would just have to remember to undo the tension before using the cruise control. If I could not keep that feature, I would rather not have CC because I would use it less often. I had CC before on an Ultra and liked it but I use the tensioner on twisty roads, etc.

Quick Reply: 2007 SG Cruise Control Install