Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Creston Thunder Run...the glide was an awesome tour ride!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 02:54 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Creston Thunder Run...the glide was an awesome tour ride!

Well after building the 107" glide, I've bagged about 6000 miles to datewith mostly regional riding. This past weekend was the longest ride it's been out on as of yet (1000 miles round trip) asI rode from Calgary down to Creston, B.C.(along the Idaho border) and took in the 13th Annual Creston Thunder Run. I chose this run because my Passport expired and going to Sturgis was not going happen this year. From Calgary, it was a 6 hour ride through the Kicking Horse pass, a 6 hour poker run through Crawford Bay on Saturday, and a 8 hour ride home with some really teriffic people. The rally was small (approx 150 people) but it was one of the best times I have ever had at a bike event, and the people there were a fantastic group.

The bike rode like a dream, the 90+ degree heat didn't affect a thing, and the poker run up along Kootenay Lake with 35 other bikeswas totally awe inspiring. If any of you guys from the Pacific Northwest ever get a chance to visit this rally, be sure to take it in. Fantastic event, and some of the best people i've run across in years. I'll have some pictures of the trip put up later this week. Cheers

Old 08-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Creston Thunder Run...the glide was an awesome tour ride!

That's some kinda road from Crawford Bay to Creston, huh? Last rode it last September on a beautiful day. It was about 90 + degrees that day when I pulled into Creston. Rode through to Fernie and stayed overnight there.
I recall that road is rated the #1 motorcycle road in B.C. in the Destination Highways B.C. book.

CN