Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bike..New seat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005 | 03:25 PM
Nabnormal
|
Intermediate
Default New bike..New seat?

Well I just posted in the new member area that I finally bought the bike. 98 Electra Glide classic....well you can read about it there. Only problem is the seat has a nice tear in it from the previous owners cat. So I find this as a pretty good reason to buy a new seat. Im looking for something that will lower me as much as possible but still be comfy for the passenger and look good with or without the tour-pac. Any suggestions? I know alot here post about the sundowner seat, but when I look on the Hd site is shows like 4 of them that fit my bike and I dont have the slighest clue in the differences.

Old 11-08-2005 | 03:49 PM
BaggerDave
Tourer
Default RE: New bike..New seat?

I have a brand new stock seat off my 06 Ultra if you're interested.
Make me an offer!

Old 11-08-2005 | 03:55 PM
rgerber
Road Master

You should get a whole bunch of opinions when it come to seats, but from experience, you may want to check out the Corbin family of seats. Their dual touring model may be what you are after. We have the Haley Road Zeppelin and love it. My second choice would be another Corbin. A bit tough to break in for some, but worth it.

http://www.corbin.com/harley/baggers/

Also, Mustang seats seem to have a very big following:

http://www.mustangseats.com/hdcontst.htm

Old 11-08-2005 | 07:36 PM
Nabnormal
|
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: rgerber

You should get a whole bunch of opinions when it come to seats, but from experience, you may want to check out the Corbin family of seats. Their dual touring model may be what you are after. We have the Haley Road Zeppelin and love it. My second choice would be another Corbin. A bit tough to break in for some, but worth it.

http://www.corbin.com/harley/baggers/

Also, Mustang seats seem to have a very big following:

http://www.mustangseats.com/hdcontst.htm
Ya im thinking Corbin is the route to go. My dad has a Corbin on his Rune, its hard but suprisingly comfortable. I have a mustang right now on my 1800N, I like the comfort but its to wide and dosent let me plant my feet on the ground like I would like.

Old 11-08-2005 | 08:34 PM
kyguy
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Nabnormal

Well I just posted in the new member area that I finally bought the bike. 98 Electra Glide classic....well you can read about it there. Only problem is the seat has a nice tear in it from the previous owners cat. So I find this as a pretty good reason to buy a new seat. Im looking for something that will lower me as much as possible but still be comfy for the passenger and look good with or without the tour-pac. Any suggestions? I know alot here post about the sundowner seat, but when I look on the Hd site is shows like 4 of them that fit my bike and I dont have the slighest clue in the differences.
After a month of riding on the 100 Mile Harley seat that came with my RK, I purchased a Mustang seat, and have never been sorry. My butts been real proud of it too.

Old 11-09-2005 | 12:10 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

I like the Corbin Dual Touring seat. They are comfortable, well made, have rider and passanger backrest options, and they look great.

My Classic with the Corbin

Regards,

Bill

Old 11-09-2005 | 12:20 PM
rgerber
Road Master

I forgot what a great looking scooter you got there Bill!

ORIGINAL: billnourse

I like the Corbin Dual Touring seat. They are comfortable, well made, have rider and passanger backrest options, and they look great.

My Classic with the Corbin

Regards,

Bill

[IMG]local://upfiles/718/D9A321D1F1F94B1CA4E623C3999ADF45.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-09-2005 | 04:07 PM
bonzo2
Tourer

If you ever plan on adding memory foam to you new seat for those really long rides then avoid the Corbin. There is not enough foam inside them to replace. That is why they are always so hard. Most of us aren't breaking them in, more we are getting used to the hardness (not really a bad thing for most). But for the most comfortable ride, you can have the cover of your seat taken off and all of the filling replaced with memory foam. It forms to your butt etc everytime you ride. All of the times you ride and a seam hits in the wrong place causing that nice burning sensation are all gone as the memory foam absorbs the creases and seams in your pants each time you sit down and well it is just a much more comfortable ride. Cost is usually around $200. Less than the cost of any new seat. Please don't confude this with folks that will put Gel packs in your seat as they don't work. This is memory foam like the bed on TV.

Old 11-09-2005 | 08:38 PM
Basz
Road Master

Im looking for something that will lower me as much as possible........
You might want to check out HD's Reach Seat it lowers you 1.5" and brings you forward 1.5".

Old 11-09-2005 | 09:01 PM
Bibleman
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: TheMark

Im looking for something that will lower me as much as possible........
You might want to check out HD's Reach Seat it lowers you 1.5" and brings you forward 1.5".
Is it fair to assume that this seat will be of the same 1 HOUR variety as the stock seat?

And if so, would restuffing with memory foam, or something help?

Quick Reply: New bike..New seat?