Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide bars on a Road Glide???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Street Glide bars on a Road Glide???

Went out for some extended riding today and finally found a week point on the RG. The bars. They do not agree with my right wrist. Even with a throttle boss. So I was thinking since I never had a problem with the bars on my former Street Glide it would be a logical switch instead of playing musical bars trying to find ones that work. Has anyone made this switch??? If so are they a direct replacement w/o changing any of the wires and cables???

Old 08-04-2007, 03:23 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Street Glide bars on a Road Glide???

EG bars are built Wide to fit the fair on the EG - EG/SG same fairing... If you are Not short like me (5'6") look at the Wild1 513's baby ape and make a Great bar for the RG - basicly the same as the WG bars but Chubby

I have both the 513 and the 517 and have installed and tried both on my RG - actually, I like the 513 better but I would really need to go back to Corbin and have my seat changed to move me just a bit forward - don't want to do that - so the past 6 months I have been using the 517's and they now feel very nice...

Old 08-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Many of us RoadGliders like the Chrome WideGlide bar......I'm very comfortable with it.....had 2 RG's with them. Some like the Heritage bar, but the bend disagrees with my wrists. Sit on a Heritage.....you'll see.
Someone did a poll on this forum a while back.....and I believe the WideGlide bar was the preferred change. I can't speak for the Wild One. You will probably need a clutch cable change with the WIdeGlide bar if I recall.....need just a little more length than stock to make it work like butter.

Enjoy!

Old 08-04-2007, 04:13 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mr Wonderful

Many of us RoadGliders like the Chrome WideGlide bar......I'm very comfortable with it.....had 2 RG's with them. Some like the Heritage bar, but the bend disagrees with my wrists. Sit on a Heritage.....you'll see.
Someone did a poll on this forum a while back.....and I believe the WideGlide bar was the preferred change. I can't speak for the Wild One. You will probably need a clutch cable change with the WIdeGlide bar if I recall.....need just a little more length than stock to make it work like butter.

Enjoy!
Wild1 513's are a perfect match to the WG bars - Just chubby --- feel and Look Great..

Once you wrap your hands around a Chubby - you will never go back !!!!

Old 08-04-2007, 05:08 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Have Wild 1's 513's (8 1\2" Baby Apes) - They work GREAT
No need to change cables - but you'll have to do some creative bending on the ft master line...

Old 08-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Pearl Glide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't think so... different mounts. Wide Glide or Heritage is a CHEAP fix. Stock cables and brake line work with either.