Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona tuner...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 01:49 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona tuner...

I'm a little confused here, and may Phil and/or Bryan can help me out...

I'm looking into the DTT system for my Streetglide, I want a more "worry free" system and it seems to
me changing the system to wide band 02's is the ticket... I am in no way bashing PC3 system or SERT, everyone to there own..
But I was on the DTT site and kept noticing the disclamer... as follows...
NOTICE TO CONSUMER. The following parts supplied by Daytona Twin Tec are for race use only. Motorcycles modified with the following Daytona Twin Tec parts must not be used on public roads and in some cases may be restricted to closed-course competition. The following parts are intended for racing applications only and are not legal for sale or use in California on pollution-controlled vehicles. Alteration of emission related components constitutes tampering under the US EPA guidelines and can lead to substantial fines and penalties. The Daytona Twin Tec parts subject to this restricted use are as follows:

[blockquote]
Model 1005, Model 1006, Model 1007, TC88, and TC88A ignition systems and related accessories and software
TCFI series, VRFI series, and Twin Tuner fuel injection systems and related accessories and software
[/blockquote]
Legal disclaimer courtesy of motorcycle industry legal advisor:
Is this for California only or does this apply to Texas as well, will it void a warranty?
And how can this be considered to be RACE ONLY apps, when your actually IMPROVING the emissions of the bike? or am I
wrong...?

Old 08-04-2007, 01:59 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Daytona tuner...

dang near anything that changes stock configuration is going to carry a disclaimer like that. The DTT is good, especially for serious builds that require fine tuning, but just put the TMax on it, unless you are going to build yours up big, and forget messing with it. Easy as walking and chewing gum. Unless you're blonde.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:14 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

BTW, whichever you choose, PM shooter64(Bart), he has the best prices and will be there for you if the need should arise.

Good luck and I LOVE my Tmax!

Old 08-04-2007, 02:23 PM
sleepyjim
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ummm dumb *** question, Tmax? WHat is it and I didnt see it on the DTT site, am I blind and dumb?

sj

Old 08-04-2007, 02:28 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: sleepyjim

Ummm dumb *** question, Tmax? WHat is it and I didnt see it on the DTT site, am I blind and dumb?

sj

Sorry, I should have elaborated. Same concept as DTT system with the use of wide band 02 sensors.

Thundermax w/Autotune.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:33 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

The new software for the TMax allows changing the timing.

Disclaimer: not trying to sell either one, just putting out some info so the ones that do not have this info......will.

[IMG]local://upfiles/22226/0F1F083EB3D44924A282BB89E583FD31.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic

sj

Sorry, I should have elaborated. Same concept as DTT system with the use of wide band 02 sensors.

Thundermax w/Autotune.
I was just taking a peek at the site. I'm a little confused. What is the difference between the ThunderMax EFI Controller and the ThunderMax AutoTune Module??? Both say they adjust as you ride. So what is the difference. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't been keeping up with EFI stuff because I was carbed.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:02 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Monstermile

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic

sj

Thundermax w/Autotune.
I was just taking a peek at the site. I'm a little confused. What is the difference between the ThunderMax EFI Controller and the ThunderMax AutoTune Module??? Both say they adjust as you ride. So what is the difference. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't been keeping up with EFI stuff because I was carbed.
The TMax without autotune runs in open-loop for single 02 sensored bikes(earlier than '07's). The newer TMax with Autotune requires (2) 02 sensors, one for both front and rear head pipes like the '07's have. The headpipes on earlier EFI bikes can be modded with 02 bungs being welded in place for practically nothing at a muffler shop in order to run the bike in closed loop in order to use the Autotune feature.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:10 PM
roady
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hijack a little but wanted to let Monstermile know that Zippers who makes the T-max will be set up at OC Harley during bike week and they usually have specials then and install them as well. I really dont think I have heard anything bad about either of them. Bryan on the forum has the Daytona tuner and speaks good of it. Hopefully he will chime in and let us know.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:52 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Richard

I'm looking into the DTT system...

But I was on the DTT site and kept noticing the disclamer... as follows...

NOTICE TO CONSUMER. The following parts supplied by Daytona Twin Tec are for race use only. Motorcycles modified with the following Daytona Twin Tec parts must not be used on public roads and in some cases may be restricted to closed-course competition. The following parts are intended for racing applications only and are not legal for sale or use in California on pollution-controlled vehicles.

Alteration of emission related components constitutes tampering under the US EPA guidelines and can lead to substantial fines and penalties
Gasoline-powered things have to be submitted to the EPA for blessing. They have to represent the actual production output and be guaranteed to do so for a period of time. They cannot later be modified from the condition which was okayed by the EPA unless they exactly become something else which was also okayed for production/use. If they become something else which was not blessed, they are not allowed for public use. Period.

When we put aftermarket stuff on our bikes to make them run "right" we are in fact (under the law) creating an entirely new vehicle which is not usable in public without having gone through the EPA to get blessed. If they emit more hydrocarbons, noise, and a host of other things they would not achieve blessed status even were we to spring the large sums of money it would take to even try.

There are currently no mechanisms in place to Federally punish the end user of modified equipment. But professionals who sell or work on stuff which by law needs to be blessed for public use can get whacked pretty hard. Very hard.

When you buy your Screamin' Eagle intake and exhaust and ECU download, you're changing your bike to a configuration which has achieved blessing. That means it will run hot and run quiet.

Is this for California only or does this apply to Texas as well, will it void a warranty? And how can this be considered to be RACE ONLY apps, when your actually IMPROVING the emissions of the bike? or am I wrong...?
So you see, it applies in every state of the Union. Just so happens California has even more stringent qualifications in some ways.

We are actually NOT IMPROVING the emissions (both gasses and noise) but are instead making them worse, outside the envelope of blessed status.

But you're right if you think that by doing it we are actually making them run correctly.

Warranty is null and void, too, unless the stuff is blessed stuff for the exact configuration and the installer is blessed to do the work.

Quick Reply: Daytona tuner...