Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apple Carplay

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2022 | 04:37 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DSRides
You're 1000% correct. I never saw the plug as it was behind the black plugs, and the sheet metal bracket they all connected to. Pulled that off, touchdown.
Thank you sir for guidance on this.

D
Glad you found it

Old 02-16-2022 | 04:48 PM
DSRides
1st Gear

Yep, it was hiding behind the plate on me. Sneaky little thing.

The following users liked this post:
Gorion (02-16-2022)
Old 02-16-2022 | 04:55 PM
DSRides
1st Gear

Ditto sir. Saved me some time. CarPlay on the bike saves me a ton of time and issues trying to mess around. Again, can't thank you enough.

Old 04-14-2022 | 06:32 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member

Just started using the CarPlay this week. Did the plug under the shell a while back but then just continued streaming

maps knows where I want to go with out entering address, music plays what I want to hear automatically. Its spying on me

WorkForIt (12-03-2022)
Old 04-15-2022 | 04:04 PM
streetglide2019
Intermediate

is CarPlay working for you the way it is meant to be i.e. phone calls, voice command etc. ?

Old 04-15-2022 | 05:26 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

If I have a headset on, yes... works just like it does in my truck.

Old 04-15-2022 | 05:44 PM
streetglide2019
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ssitruc
If I have a headset on, yes... works just like it does in my truck.
Lucky you. I have been facing problem for a year+ now. the audio and voice commands do not work. I can hear music, maps, message (text to voice) but my voice command (ex: to Siri or on a phone call) just doesn't work. so except phone calls and voice commands everything else works the same as in my automobile.

I have the 2019 HD Sena 30K headset, WHIM and boom GTS (Street glide 2019). maybe it's a headset issue. I originally thought it was a HD Boom GTS issue (they did have an issue in 2020 which they fixed with a software update). what headset do you have ?

Old 04-15-2022 | 06:12 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

I am using a 2 different kinds of wired headset. To give the voice command (to tell it to do something) I push the "Voice Command" button I think is what its called, the other end of the left turn signal button. The little dialog apple thing shows up on the screen... I say "call _________", it says "calling _________ mobile" and it starts ringing and I just talk after that until I hang up.

FWIW, I do not have my phone setup to do Siri by just saying "hey Siri" blah blah blah, and it does it automatically.... So if there is some other way it should/could work, take that into account.

In my Silverado, same thing, push the button on my steering wheel, and it asks what I want to do. But on either, that is how I initiate the command. But no "button pushing" needed after that. Once it dials, I just talk without having to do anything else. Hope that makes sense.
Luckily it understands my Okie accent!

Just another thought, for testing be sure everything is set to headsets in "audio routing", all three... can't remember, but just in case???

Last edited by Ssitruc; 04-15-2022 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-15-2022 | 06:56 PM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

Just checked, routing shouldn't make a difference either way, cause you can have com set to speakers and listen to your calls that way (if a person wanted too), it is still going to route your talking thru the mic. Just an idea... although a bad one...

Old 04-16-2022 | 06:50 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ssitruc
I am using a 2 different kinds of wired headset. To give the voice command (to tell it to do something) I push the "Voice Command" button I think is what its called, the other end of the left turn signal button. The little dialog apple thing shows up on the screen... I say "call _________", it says "calling _________ mobile" and it starts ringing and I just talk after that until I hang up.
to add to this, when you press the voice command button, hold it for just a sec. a regular press gives me the option for voice commands through the gts. a long press will bring up siri.

Ssitruc (04-16-2022)

Quick Reply: Apple Carplay