Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apple Carplay

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2021 | 10:41 AM
Beachbumcook
Advanced

I have a new 2021 Ultra-Limited Touring bike that was just outfitted with the CarPlay jumper from 67 Offroad
https://67-offroadllc.com/

Best $25.00 I spent and works as designed and marketed.

I do not have a WHIM and no plans to... my stock radio has the most recent radio software update and all works just great with the "jumper" and my IPhone 12.

No idea where dealers or people heard that it doesn't work on 2021 bikes... but I can confirm its doing just fine on my new one.

The following users liked this post:
c_l_phillips72 (05-25-2021)
Old 05-24-2021 | 11:32 AM
mcdc1224
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Studlintsean
I can confirm the 21s do allow for the CarPlay Jumper. We installed one on my brothers bike recently. He has a FLHX.
........Electrical spade or jumped connector of of ebay

Old 05-24-2021 | 12:20 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Beachbumcook
I have a new 2021 Ultra-Limited Touring bike that was just outfitted with the CarPlay jumper from 67 Offroad

No idea where dealers or people heard that it doesn't work on 2021 bikes... but I can confirm its doing just fine on my new one.
Good news! I was just forwarding what another member posted about his dealer telling him the connector was no longer there in the 21's to stop people from doing the jumper hack. Unfortunately a lot of dealers a clueless. Carry on....

The following users liked this post:
c_l_phillips72 (05-25-2021)
Old 05-24-2021 | 06:01 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Originally Posted by c_l_phillips72
I sent a message to the seller asking if the item was returnable and mentioned I just found out that those jumpers don’t work on 2021’s. They replied back saying they DO work on 2021’s and they installed 4 of them yesterday.

After receiving the seller’s response and re-reading your post, I’m guessing the person you quoted wanted the jumper AND the WHIM. I don’t know how all this stuff works together so I could be completely wrong.

I don’t want to take off my fairing right now to look so I guess I’ll wait for the jumper to arrive and pray that things work the way I want them to.

I have a cheap Android I use for radar detection so I tried Android Auto with that and I couldn’t get phone calls routed to my Packtalk or get the MC’s NAV audio routed through my Packtalk either.

If worse comes to worse, I’ll have to set my destination on my phone’s map app AND the MC’s NAV unit, view the map on the MC’s display and get NAV audio from my phone to my Packtalk. Definitely not an ideal scenario for a new MC in our age of technology.

You will NOT get the bike's NAV to be heard through your Packtalk w/o adding the WHIM to the bike. You could just connect your phone directly to your P:acktalk to allow phone calls, but they won't work through the bike to the headset w/o the WHIM. The WHIM is the Wireless Headset Interface Module. Without it, there's no way you BT headset can be connected to the bike.

Old 05-25-2021 | 02:16 PM
c_l_phillips72
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hammz
You will NOT get the bike's NAV to be heard through your Packtalk w/o adding the WHIM to the bike. You could just connect your phone directly to your P:acktalk to allow phone calls, but they won't work through the bike to the headset w/o the WHIM. The WHIM is the Wireless Headset Interface Module. Without it, there's no way you BT headset can be connected to the bike.
That makes sense.

I’m assuming that if I’m using the jumper to enable CarPlay with my phone connected to the MC via USB and my phone connected to PackTalk via Bluetooth, all audio from my phone is going to be routed to the MC and not to my Packtalk. Right?

If that’s true, then I’m going to be forced to buy the WHIM if I want any audio to my headset regardless of the audio source (MC or phone) when using CarPlay.

Old 05-25-2021 | 04:57 PM
30glock
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 702
I have none of the issues that were posted above. It works as designed every time for me. The WHIM is easily installed, it's all plug and play, and your warranty won't be affected unless you screw it up somehow.
Same here WHIM is seamless and gives you full integration..

Old 05-26-2021 | 10:13 AM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by c_l_phillips72
That makes sense.

I’m assuming that if I’m using the jumper to enable CarPlay with my phone connected to the MC via USB and my phone connected to PackTalk via Bluetooth, all audio from my phone is going to be routed to the MC and not to my Packtalk. Right?

If that’s true, then I’m going to be forced to buy the WHIM if I want any audio to my headset regardless of the audio source (MC or phone) when using CarPlay.
without a WHIM nothing is going to be routed to the bike, or from the bike for that matter, for the record the WHIM works great, love mine.

Old 05-26-2021 | 10:24 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Old 05-26-2021 | 10:33 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member

I thought about buying the Boom GTS for the ApplePlay feature. But, this thread has convinced me to stick with what I have. And connect my phone via Bluetooth as I do now.

Old 05-26-2021 | 10:47 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior

I just bought a 2019 CVO Limited and got it home last week. My friend and I bought Sena 50S units, and I was finally able to try to run Carplay and the Sena on a ride last Saturday.

At first, I hadn’t even been able to activate Carplay since the icon didn’t show up. Half way through the ride we were stopped at a gas station for one of the bikes, and when I fired up the bike the icon magically appeared. We had the bluetooth comm already set up, and for a brief moment (maybe a minute or so) CarPlay came up and everything was working. I was able to get into Waze, and about the time I was plugging in a destination the Carplay cut out, followed by the intercom. I couldn’t get them going together again (only spent another minute or so trying).

I plan to work with them this weekend and see if I can get them going reliably. I’ll likely unplug the WHIM (I don’t have the HD Sena headsets) and try jumping the pins with a spade connector - I suspect that will do it. I think that other thread nails down one of the biggest issues… the order of device startup is crucial.

Quick Reply: Apple Carplay