Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apple Carplay

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2022 | 11:57 AM
Ssitruc
Stellar HDF Member

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but you just suggested the same thing... just different brands.

Old 06-27-2022 | 07:11 AM
Kelliwho
Stage II
Default Solution

I have a 2021 CVO trike. I have had it for over a year and could never get the Apple CarPlay to work. This week was my discovery.

Let me first say that I have an iPhone 11 which has consistently had issues. But since I figured out the solution, I have had no problem.

Number one and the very most important thing is turn off your Bluetooth on your phone.

Number two and don’t ask me why this is important but it’s the only way to make it work turn on your bike. Not just the accessories but turn it actually on.

Number three make sure that your headset is connected to the bike and turned on.

Number for make sure that your phone is connected with the plug to the bike using a Apple original cord. If you have a android I’m not sure how to help you with this part.

If all of these things are met you should have no problem. If you’re still having a problem then you need to go back and retrace the steps of how the headset was connected to your bike. Make sure that your headset is not connected to your phone however turning off the Bluetooth will solve that problem regardless. I’m curious whether or not this works for you. All I can say is after one year of complete frustration I am so happy that this works perfectly. You can change the display using the button on the screen on the bike. If you use Waze like I do make sure that you change the settings if you want to avoid gravel roads interstates etc.

Originally Posted by c_l_phillips72
Hi all.

I just bought a 2021 Road Glide (the 107, not the 114). The dealer told me that CarPlay was included standard on mine but I’m not able to get it to work. I’ve done a bunch of reading on different websites about WHIM’s and flashes, etc but none of it was specific to 2021’s except for articles that were specifically about Road Glide Specials.

I’m guessing the dealer gave me inaccurate info and CarPlay isn’t standard by default on the regular Road Glides.

If it helps, I have the Boom GTS system and my software version is M21.20.28.00.

Anyone here have any info on how to get CarPlay to work? I’ve read something about needing a Mic. Really? I have Cardo Connect headsets on our full face helmets but I’m not sure if those will work with the Boom system or if that would satisfy the Mic requirement to enable CarPlay.

My ultimate goal is to be able to listen to my phones audio and hear the NAV directions from Boom via my Cardo Connect and I was thinking maybe CarPlay might be the solution but it’s not looking good.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Old 06-27-2022 | 11:57 AM
RiderX
Road Master

Check out the extensive write up I created on how to get your Cardo device to work with Apple CarPlay. One thing you should do immediately is update your GTS software to the latest version. You are one or two versions behind.