Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP PLEASE: Street Glide Special Left Auxiliary Switches

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2021 | 11:18 AM
Danielle_B
|
Stage III
Default HELP PLEASE: Street Glide Special Left Auxiliary Switches

Hi All - I know there are various threads on this subject but I couldn't quite get a clear answer.....

I have a 2021 Street Glide Special FLHXS. I purchased the Custom Auxiliary Lighting Kit (# 67800366A) which comes with the Switch Pack PN 69200172 with 1 fog switch to control the lights and 2 dummy switches. I purchased additional switches for the 2 dummies - 1 of the fog switch 71400044 and 1 accessory switch 71400109. I installed the lighting kit and the switch pack on the LEFT side and everything works great!

Now for the two other switches I want to connect lights. One switch will be for fog lights which will either be mounted on lower fork or engine guard (I have yet to purchase them) and the second switch will be for ground\accent lights. My question is what harness\connectors\etc. do I need to purchase and where do I connect?

Is it under the left side cover? My understanding was that was for the RIGHT Auxiliary Power Switch Kit (PN 71400129 for the kit which come with a dash power switch auxiliary wire harness PN 69201598). So now I am completely lost after reading several threads and watching endless you tube videos. Please help!! THANK YOU!!

Old 05-12-2021 | 09:09 PM
coop creek
Road Captain

if you use Harley fog lights, which I do not care for, you would get harness 69201109. This connects to a connector behind a turn signal, the right side works well, or in your case, behind an auxiliary lamp bracket. Your fog lights will go on and off with the auxiliary lamps.
if you want to power accent lights, you would use the middle switch in the left dashpanel switch pack. This supplies power to a 4 way molex connector found behind the left electrical panel. You will need a Molex MX150 connector, the correct terminals to fit inside the molex, and some little plugs, I forget what they are called, to plug up the unused cavities in the connector. The four pins inside the molex are positioned like this

O O
O O

the top right pin is power, the bottom left should be ground

you will need a decent crimper tool. if you have a service manual, you can follow the wiring and see all this for yourself.

Old 05-13-2021 | 07:58 AM
Danielle_B
|
Stage III

Thank you!
Just ordered the MX150 and the terminals needed.
For the connector on the bike, I removed the left side cover and I see a 4 way molex connector right by\under the main fuse. Is that the one you are referring to?

Old 05-13-2021 | 05:25 PM
coop creek
Road Captain

here are some pictures

I am pointing to the auxiliary device connector. pull the side near my finger towards yourself (away from the centerline of the bike) while pulling the connector towards the front of the bike to release it.

looking at the four male terminals inside the connector

the light blue and green wire goes to position 1 which is the top right terminal, it supplies power that is controlled by the middle switch (supplied by you) in the left dash panel assembly

the black wire is ground and is position 4, bottom left terminal. FYI, the other two terminals get power that is controlled by switches from the right dash panel (parts and accessories dashpanel)

The following 2 users liked this post by coop creek:
CrBear (05-14-2021), Old Sport (05-15-2021)
Old 05-14-2021 | 11:22 AM
Danielle_B
|
Stage III

Thanks for the help and detailed explanation. Got my multimeter and understand the set up. Will start installing now thanks to you

Any clue on the right switch of this left panel? Is there another connector somewhere?

Old 05-14-2021 | 04:03 PM
coop creek
Road Captain

the inside switch (the one on the right) is for a cooling fan. I assume you are powering LED accent lights. You probably know this but I would be careful not to overload the circuit. Please take pictures of your work and post them, they should probably go in the electrical/lighting/alarm forum. Members there have more knowledge than I and can help you as well.