Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ BRAKE

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 10:15 AM
finallygotone!
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ BRAKE

Has anyone used an EZ brake or Softbrake? They both look like they would be much easier to hit in an emergancy situation, but are a little spendy.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:19 AM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: EZ BRAKE

I put an E-Z brake on and really lilke it a lot. Yes it is pricey. I got my brother something similar at the HD store for about 60 or 70 dollars that is practically the same thing. Feels the same when you ride it as the ezbrake. Can't find the part number tho.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:20 AM
stafford
Road Warrior

you won't get your foot tangled upunder it either. much safer for me

Old 08-03-2007, 10:33 AM
CornbredNE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my Softbrake kit put on at the Johnstown, PA rally a little over a month ago and have close to 2500 miles on since then...I like it with one exception.

In a panic stop (like having a car pull out in front of you when you're passing) the additional leverage on the rear brake can cause you to lock it up too easy.

I love the fit, it lets my 6'3" & 250 lbs stretch out. I like the fact I can't get my foot caught below it like the other guy said. I also did the 1-1/2" longer shift lever and the combination is great, but like everything HD related I dropped about $300 between the shifter, brake pedal and related small parts.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:09 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

I found the stock rear brake pedal clumsy, having to lift my foot out from under it to apply the brake, which then felt like I was stomping on it.

The EZ brake allows me to keep my heel of my boot on the floorboard, and apply proper brake pressure very easily. Harley should have redesigned their rear brake pedal decades ago !

Old 08-03-2007, 11:43 AM
nujohn
Tourer

e-z brake the way to go

Old 08-03-2007, 12:35 PM
HJP
Cruiser

With EZ brake you do not have raise your foot up to apply the brake. Can not move your feet as far foward on the floor boards compaired to the stock pedal because you boot will not fit under the pedal. If you have factory lowers, the EZ brake will not allow you to open the vents all of the way without the vent holding the pedal down.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:37 PM
0204665J
Tourer

Just put in on my bike. Very nice, like driving your car. One of my favorite adds. Got mine form M&M with a 15% discount. Worth every cent.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:40 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I read somewhere that the newer tourers already have the same length pedal as the ez brake....is that correct?

Old 08-03-2007, 12:58 PM
hotpursuit
Road Captain

the newer ones are longer but they still keep the peddle high.... ez-brake is angled to to extend it out further while keeping it low... MUCH MUCH more rear brake contoll due to heel of foot staying on board...i wouldnt ride a scoot without one from now one...worth every penny... it would be fairly easy to fab one up using your existing peddle, but then youd be paying to have it chromed...

Quick Reply: EZ BRAKE