Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Headset Battery Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2021 | 05:01 PM
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Default Bluetooth Headset Battery Replacement

If you touring guys are having battery longevity problems, you should try replacing it. It's pretty easy to do.

My HD branded SENA bluetooth headset hasn't been lasting a full day like it used to, so I took it apart to replace the battery. Check out how bloated the original battery is compared to the new one that I got off Amazon. I also unwrapped it just to see what makes it tick, but it didn't really tell me anything - just some sweet smelling powder inside, I hope I don't die from it.

Old 04-30-2021 | 05:33 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Community Team

Originally Posted by 702
... I also unwrapped it just to see what makes it tick, but it didn't really tell me anything - just some sweet smelling powder inside, I hope I don't die from it.
Hmm, I'm beginning to lose faith in those lithium batterys, handy as the systems they power are. I just put my third battery in my iphone, of course they're just cheap chinese made crap but they take a dive fairly quickly nonetheless!

I've thought about that Shoei Neotec II with the built in system but bet it would suck to have one of those battery's catch fire and explode on the back of your head

I installed the wire connect system that came with my RGL in my Arai night before last and can't complain.

But I hear ya, ain't nothing like a new properly operating battery as long as they last

As for opening up a lithium battery.....