Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KST 12" Spearheads on 2021 Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 09:03 AM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 651 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by scooper321
Having trouble finding enough slack in both hydraulic lines to get out from under the bezel. I took out the plastic plate inside that held the harnesses in place. That gave me a little more leeway. But there still isn’t enough length in either cable to get under or around the bezel. Here are pics showing the cables coming out of the bezel on both sides. The Speedo console won’t fit on because those cables are in the way. And there’s not wnougj flex in them to go lower, under the bezel.

Maybe wrong terminology from me. When I said "bezel", I'm referring to what HD officially calls the "housing" right & left...reference # 11 & 12 in the pic.
Using my dremel, I just put a small notch in each side at the bottom (where the arrow is) to allow the line to to sit up in the notch giving it a bit more "slack"

Old 04-05-2023, 01:19 PM
scooper321
Road Warrior
Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by lefty33
Maybe wrong terminology from me. When I said "bezel", I'm referring to what HD officially calls the "housing" right & left...reference # 11 & 12 in the pic.
Using my dremel, I just put a small notch in each side at the bottom (where the arrow is) to allow the line to to sit up in the notch giving it a bit more "slack"

I gotcha. Your terminology is fine. I interpreted bezel to be the entire structure built by the combination of #11, #12, and #13. So we are on the same page.

I'm trying to resist having to cut into the housing. It pained me when I put MMAT speakers in my fairing to heat and cut the inner body of the fairing to get the large magnet to fit. LOL But this is an option.

KST has been great. I sent an email to them on their website and James wrote me back. He connected me with one of their techs who gave me another suggestion. If you follow the hydraulic lines down, they both come next to one another on the right side of the bike. I thought they terminated there but they don't. They are just held together by (another) plastic housing. There's a tab on the housing that you can lift and it will free the hydraulic lines and get more play in the lines. I can remove that housing, too, and just use cable ties to secure the lines if I want. I haven't tried this yet, but I will after work.

I think it's #12 in this image.

Old 04-05-2023, 01:35 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 651 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by scooper321
I gotcha. Your terminology is fine. I interpreted bezel to be the entire structure built by the combination of #11, #12, and #13. So we are on the same page.

I'm trying to resist having to cut into the housing. It pained me when I put MMAT speakers in my fairing to heat and cut the inner body of the fairing to get the large magnet to fit. LOL But this is an option.

KST has been great. I sent an email to them on their website and James wrote me back. He connected me with one of their techs who gave me another suggestion. If you follow the hydraulic lines down, they both come next to one another on the right side of the bike. I thought they terminated there but they don't. They are just held together by (another) plastic housing. There's a tab on the housing that you can lift and it will free the hydraulic lines and get more play in the lines. I can remove that housing, too, and just use cable ties to secure the lines if I want. I haven't tried this yet, but I will after work.

I think it's #12 in this image.
HA! I hear ya. I had to cut out the speaker pods to fit those big a$$ magnets of my GZ's as well.

This wasn't near as bad. Can't even really see the notches behind the bars. Not a great pic, but here's mine.

The following users liked this post:
scooper321 (04-05-2023)
Old 04-08-2023, 11:52 AM
scooper321
Road Warrior
Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by lefty33
HA! I hear ya. I had to cut out the speaker pods to fit those big a$$ magnets of my GZ's as well.

This wasn't near as bad. Can't even really see the notches behind the bars. Not a great pic, but here's mine.

So I called KST and try suggested removing that little cable clamp on the right side of the fork. Reading back over this thread I think someone above mentioned it too. It got me JUST enough length in the clutch to fit. But I wasn’t happy with amount of tension on the line, especially when checking full turns L and R. So out came the Dremel. You were right. It’s not so bad. And it is hidden. But now it’s done.

Got it all reassembled and preliminarily adjusted. I’ll do a test ride soon. I did break that stupid little tab on the piece of plastic that goes around the ignition. I think we all do that once or twice. But that’s ok. Been wanting to replace it with a black one anyway. Lol.

The following users liked this post:
lefty33 (04-08-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 09:23 PM
Sean006
2nd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

KST had a tent at Daytona bike week back in march. Those guys are awesome. Great product
had them install 12” spearheads also. Love the bars