Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KST 12" Spearheads on 2021 Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 08:46 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 757 Likes on 523 Posts

Originally Posted by RGS88
Good choice! I have the same bars, with the Kahuna heated grips.

6'1 with a 34" inseam and they fit me very well, glad I got 12's instead of 14s.
RGS88, how did those 12's change your hand position, like how many inches back if any or higher than the stockers? Thanks!

Old 05-02-2021, 10:05 AM
RGS88
Road Warrior
Received 1,992 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
RGS88, how did those 12's change your hand position, like how many inches back if any or higher than the stockers? Thanks!
Unfortunately I never took any measurements, but it *feels* like I went from steering a wheel barrow with my arms near the bottom of my rib cage, to having my arms about parallel with my nipples.

Put on nearly 200 miles yesterday and didn't feel any of my usual upper mid back pain, which I think used to be caused by bad posture and kind of slouching with the stock bars.

Old 05-02-2021, 10:36 AM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 651 Likes on 454 Posts

The nice thing about the Spearheads (like my Pioneers as well) is they're part of the Vanguard series meaning they're adjustable. It's a 3 piece bar so the uprights can be adjusted and rotated for max comfort (pullback/wrist angle).
And once you get rid of the locating pin that HD installs stock, the bars can be "rolled" forward or back.

Unfortunately I never took any measurements, but it *feels* like I went from steering a wheel barrow with my arms near the bottom of my rib cage, to having my arms about parallel with my nipples.

Put on nearly 200 miles yesterday and didn't feel any of my usual upper mid back pain, which I think used to be caused by bad posture and kind of slouching with the stock bars.
This was my exact feeling with the stock bars...like trying to steer a wheelbarrow (awful wrist angle) with hands/arms down low. So much better now with flatter wrist angle and arms/hands up higher for better leverage & handling!

The following users liked this post:
RGS88 (05-04-2021)
Old 05-02-2021, 12:04 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

I'm gonna have to put on a new seat that will put me back an inch or a little more and will want the bars to come back with me a bit, so it sounds like these bars will allow a bit of that eh?

Old 05-04-2021, 10:33 AM
lefty33
Road Warrior

I'm gonna have to put on a new seat that will put me back an inch or a little more and will want the bars to come back with me a bit, so it sounds like these bars will allow a bit of that eh?
Yup! If you go with one of the adjustable Vanguard Collection (Spearhead, Pathfinder, Pioneer) bars, you can get the pullback/wrist angle to your liking, and then roll them forward or back.
Check them out at...https://www.kstkustoms.com/collections/all-products They have good install videos there as well. Good Luck!

Old 05-04-2021, 11:20 AM
RGS88
Road Warrior
Received 1,992 Likes on 781 Posts

My bars are rolled forward about as far as they can go, which is perfect for me.

I also have the HD low profile seat which sits me lower than stock, and a little further back as well. Absolutely perfect setup for me.

Old 05-04-2021, 12:39 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by lefty33
Yup! If you go with one of the adjustable Vanguard Collection (Spearhead, Pathfinder, Pioneer) bars, you can get the pullback/wrist angle to your liking, and then roll them forward or back.
Check them out at...https://www.kstkustoms.com/collections/all-products They have good install videos there as well. Good Luck!
My bars are rolled forward about as far as they can go, which is perfect for me.

I also have the HD low profile seat which sits me lower than stock, and a little further back as well. Absolutely perfect setup for me.
Excellent, thanks Gents

The following users liked this post:
RGS88 (05-04-2021)
Old 04-01-2023, 05:24 PM
scooper321
Road Warrior
Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts

After a few hours today installing my Pathfinders, I came to the same issue on my 2017 RGS. The clutch and brake lines are not long enough, even with the cable ties cut. So I’m almost reassembled in the garage but stuck. I may take my clutch and brake controls off again tomorrow and see if I can reroute the hydraulics outside the bezel. The cables actually fit, but I can’t get the Speedo console back on. These are 12” bars. This thread gives me encouragement to try again before trailering to a shop.

Old 04-02-2023, 12:17 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by scooper321
After a few hours today installing my Pathfinders, I came to the same issue on my 2017 RGS. The clutch and brake lines are not long enough, even with the cable ties cut. So I’m almost reassembled in the garage but stuck. I may take my clutch and brake controls off again tomorrow and see if I can reroute the hydraulics outside the bezel. The cables actually fit, but I can’t get the Speedo console back on. These are 12” bars. This thread gives me encouragement to try again before trailering to a shop.
You shouldn't really have any issue with those. As mentioned earlier, I have the 12" Pioneers and had no issues...and the Pioneers are wider than your Pathfinders (2.25" narrower at 0 pullback, over 2.5" at 6" pullback).

I got them to fit initially with any problems but to make myself feel a bit better, I did end up putting a little notch the bottom of the bezel on both sides. Looks factory with even more room now.

Old 04-04-2023, 04:37 PM
scooper321
Road Warrior
Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts

Having trouble finding enough slack in both hydraulic lines to get out from under the bezel. I took out the plastic plate inside that held the harnesses in place. That gave me a little more leeway. But there still isn’t enough length in either cable to get under or around the bezel. Here are pics showing the cables coming out of the bezel on both sides. The Speedo console won’t fit on because those cables are in the way. And there’s not wnougj flex in them to go lower, under the bezel.

Last edited by scooper321; 04-04-2023 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: KST 12" Spearheads on 2021 Road Glide