Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 SERT map files

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:18 PM
RoadieRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 SERT map files

Does anyone know when the MoCo will have the map files for the 08 models. The 07 maps will not work I was told and they are saying the maps won't be ready until September sometimes. Does anyone have more info on this? Thanks for your help.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:06 AM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 08 SERT map files

My dealer said the same thing.. at least September , possibly later

Old 08-04-2007, 06:13 PM
itsmyforte
Tourer

so does the existing SERT work on 08 models? or is there a new part number, or what is the part number. I don't see the sert listed in the 08 catalog, nor on the HD website.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:47 PM
RoadieRider
Cruiser

The way it sounded to me was the SERT is the same its the software that creates the map files that needs to be changed. The new ECM will not take the 07file. If someone knows more than I do please post.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:53 PM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had an '07 download put in my '08 yesterday along with SE AC and slip-ons. The is some gurgling and mild decel poping. No noticable performance increase. Bike does run cooler and glad to get ride of the stockmufflers. Just a band aid until the SERT is available.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:31 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard the new ECUs are different. Don't know how different if any in the area of the fuel/timing maps data structures. It may be they're backward compatible in that area, but if the units themselves are a different design it's not likely they maintained compatibility across-the-board for the SERT interface, which would mean a redesign of that, too. Probably all is true, which is why the delay thus far.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:23 PM
itsmyforte
Tourer

i spoke to the dealer and they said the current sert will work on the 08. they didnt specifically talk about mapping. i didn't believe them, but maybe it does.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

This is an excerpt from a recent Tech Info paper from HD, irt mods to the 08 MY bikes....

"...
Modifications to all 2008 Models
Perform PDI and Set-up prior to modifying new motorcycles to verify proper operation and become familiar with new features.
Do not modify motorcycles until you have all the parts required; this includes calibrations and the EFI TUNER.
2008 Model Street Legal calibrations will be available on Digital Tech II. All Race
Calibrations will require use of Screamin’ Eagle EFI RACE TUNER.
As a reminder for previous model years, 2007 Street Legal calibrations are available on DTII and 2007 Race calibrations require use of EFI TUNER. For 2006 and earlier models, Street Legal calibrations and some Race calibrations are available on DTII, other Race calibrations will require an EFI TUNER.
EFI RACE TUNER for 2008 models will not be available until sometime this fall.
Someone got fed a line of Bravo Sierra......
FWIW, MY 08 bikes have a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT set of calibrations.... and all cals are -08(X) part numbers.... There is NO POSSIBLE WAY that you can install an 07 map into an 08 bike with the dealer Digital Tech.....

Old 08-04-2007, 11:58 PM
RoadieRider
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

This is an excerpt from a recent Tech Info paper from HD, irt mods to the 08 MY bikes....

"... [align=left]Modifications to all 2008 Models[/align][align=left]• Perform PDI and Set-up prior to modifying new motorcycles to verify proper operation and become familiar with new features.[/align][align=left]• Do not modify motorcycles until you have all the parts required; this includes calibrations and the EFI TUNER.[/align][align=left]• 2008 Model Street Legal calibrations will be available on Digital Tech II. All Race[/align][align=left]Calibrations will require use of Screamin’ Eagle EFI RACE TUNER.[/align][align=left]• As a reminder for previous model years, 2007 Street Legal calibrations are available on DTII and 2007 Race calibrations require use of EFI TUNER. For 2006 and earlier models, Street Legal calibrations and some Race calibrations are available on DTII, other Race calibrations will require an EFI TUNER.[/align][align=left]• EFI RACE TUNER for 2008 models will not be available until sometime this fall.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Someone got fed a line of Bravo Sierra......[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]FWIW, MY 08 bikes have a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT set of calibrations.... and all cals are -08(X) part numbers.... There is NO POSSIBLE WAY that you can install an 07 map into an 08 bike with the dealer Digital Tech..... [/align]
That clears that up thanks shovelheadbob. Thats pretty much what I was told. I wish they would come out sooner.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:07 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

[align=left][/align][align=left]FWIW, MY 08 bikes have a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT set of calibrations.... and all cals are -08(X) part numbers.... There is NO POSSIBLE WAY that you can install an 07 map into an 08 bike with the dealer Digital Tech..... [/align]
If this is the case, what the he11 did they do with my '08? I'm no mechanic but wouldn't it run like $hit if they kept original map in and only addedthe SE AC and slipons?

Quick Reply: 08 SERT map files