Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 GTS Apple Car play "Hack"

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2022 | 02:42 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ssitruc
I have no idea... but I know some of the guys doing the "Pin Jumping" hack using just a 7-pin plug and shorting 2 pins, have reported it not working plugged into the riders headset jack, but it worked when plugged into the passengers jack???
I don't even have a good guess on that!
I had heard this as well, but the 7-pin DIN adapter I got off eBay works just fine in my tank console (riders) port.

Old 04-09-2022 | 03:43 PM
hamah
Road Warrior

I believe it's an impedance mismatch. There was a thread on here a while back where a member was going to try and sort it out so that a resistor or pot could be placed into the circuit that would allow the "incompatible" headset to function. Not sure where that ended up.

The following 2 users liked this post by hamah:
mthopton (04-10-2022), Ssitruc (04-09-2022)
Old 04-09-2022 | 06:20 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

$13 on Amazon...
Amazon Amazon

Old 04-10-2022 | 12:08 AM
RiderX
Road Master

Originally Posted by lefty33
Yup! Would be so nice if our phones, communication devices (we have Cardo PackTalks), etc just seamlessly integrated with the BOOM GTS and other HD systems.

For that, you can definitely blame HD.

The following users liked this post:
lefty33 (04-10-2022)
Old 04-10-2022 | 10:45 AM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RiderX
For that, you can definitely blame HD.
Yes sir for sure!

Old 04-11-2022 | 06:20 PM
propflux01
Road Warrior

Now I'm gonna add my 2 cents worth of confusion here. After reading this thread, and trying to figure my issue out, maybe you guys have an answer or direction? 2020 FLHTK, and NO carplay. this quote:
Originally Posted by Ssitruc
The "functionality" that was removed from DigitalTech was specifically the ability to "Disable CarPlay Mic", meaning to disable the requirement/check for a mic to have CarPlay available... but the setting is still in the BCM and can still be accessed with a 3rd party programmer (Diag4Bike).
"Disable CarPlay Mic" was a direct violation of the agreement with Apple and CarPlay... it was removed from DigitalTech in the spring of 2020 via a software upgrade to HD's programming software.
CarPlay now works with or without WHIM, you just have to have a headset (with mic) plugged in, or with WHIM have one connected via wireless... thats a CarPlay requirement. The original software "hack" was HD violating that requirement... hence HD & Apples little dispute.
The other stuff you mentioned, I agree with, proprietary designs can suck... btw, Apple are the kings at that crap lol
Apparently doesn't apply to my bike. AS you can see in the pics, I plugged my phone in, plugged my Genuine (ly expensive) Harley Davidson headset with mic in the DIN plug, still no carplay, and even when unplugged, no audio from the speakers. Anyone see what I am doing wrong here? You can see the iphone plugged in, no carplay, the headset, no carplay, you see Joe Walsh, but no audio, and those are just my phones library. On the last pic, COM and PROMPTS are not accessible.

Old 04-11-2022 | 08:14 PM
hamah
Road Warrior

Is this your headset? That headset is not compatible with ACP. From the product page:

DETAILS
Fits ’98-later FLHTCU, FLHTCUSE, FLHTK, FLHTKSE, FLTRU, FLTRUSE and FLHTCUTG models. Also fits with vehicles equipped with Communication Switch Kit P/N 77173-08 or Boom!™ Audio Music and Intercom Kits. Not compatible with Apple Car Play.

Old 04-11-2022 | 09:07 PM
propflux01
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hamah
Is this your headset? That headset is not compatible with ACP. From the product page:

DETAILS
Fits ’98-later FLHTCU, FLHTCUSE, FLHTK, FLHTKSE, FLTRU, FLTRUSE and FLHTCUTG models. Also fits with vehicles equipped with Communication Switch Kit P/N 77173-08 or Boom!™ Audio Music and Intercom Kits. Not compatible with Apple Car Play.
Looks like it. But either way, according to the posts here I should still have something, no? I have some professional earbuds that have a built in mic. Maybe I can rig something with that to activate it.?

Old 04-12-2022 | 06:49 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by propflux01
Looks like it. But either way, according to the posts here I should still have something, no? I have some professional earbuds that have a built in mic. Maybe I can rig something with that to activate it.?
no. without a compatible headset, you will not have carplay. the mic is a requirment for it to work.

Old 04-12-2022 | 08:38 AM
propflux01
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by skratch
no. without a compatible headset, you will not have carplay. the mic is a requirment for it to work.
ok I see. Just strange that my headset with mic doesn’t work. I guess the DIN is wired differently somehow.

Quick Reply: 2021 GTS Apple Car play "Hack"