Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2021 GTS Apple Car play "Hack"

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2021 | 09:42 AM
TnFatboy
Road Master

Thanks for the replies…I was wondering what that circuit board was, they included the garage door unit when I bought the bike, so that mystery is solved too.
For now I just wanted to do the CarPlay hack, I may go with a headset in the future but i usually just pop in earbuds. So all I need to do is unplug that white plug and jump the two terminals, correct? Am I right in thinking that you don’t even have to buy that hack plug like the one on eBay, I could just jump the terminals in the existing plug ?
Thanks again

Old 10-27-2021 | 09:50 AM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TnFatboy
Thanks for the replies…I was wondering what that circuit board was, they included the garage door unit when I bought the bike, so that mystery is solved too.
For now I just wanted to do the CarPlay hack, I may go with a headset in the future but i usually just pop in earbuds. So all I need to do is unplug that white plug and jump the two terminals, correct? Am I right in thinking that you don’t even have to buy that hack plug like the one on eBay, I could just jump the terminals in the existing plug ?
Thanks again
Correct. See post #6 in this thread

Old 10-27-2021 | 09:57 AM
TnFatboy
Road Master

Thanks man. I thought I’d seen something like that, I read this whole thread a couple weeks ago but didn’t get a chance to pull the fairing till the other day. I haven’t spent much time learning GTS system and all its capabilities on this bike and it’s my first touring so I’m still figuring things out

The following users liked this post:
lefty33 (10-27-2021)
Old 10-30-2021 | 06:47 AM
TnFatboy
Road Master

Another question…I just reread this thread again, and am wondering if the plug described in post #38 would work with the comm kit that’s installed on my bike (I’m pretty sure it will I just want to verify before ordering). I sent the ebay seller a message asking if he’s got them made and ready to ship, just waiting to hear back from him. Thanks!

Old 10-30-2021 | 09:12 AM
TnFatboy
Road Master

Btw, I just tried to jump the pins on the plug under the fairing and it didn’t work on my 19 street glide for some reason

Old 10-30-2021 | 10:02 AM
binarym
Tourer
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: National Guard

Originally Posted by lefty33
Correct. See post #6 in this thread
Just ordered this off of eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/294204622254) for $54 and change including tax. If this works, I am forever grateful to all of you who have contributed to this thread. I will keep you all posted.

lefty33 (10-30-2021)
Old 10-30-2021 | 12:09 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Another question…I just reread this thread again, and am wondering if the plug described in post #38 would work with the comm kit that’s installed on my bike (I’m pretty sure it will I just want to verify before ordering). I sent the ebay seller a message asking if he’s got them made and ready to ship, just waiting to hear back from him. Thanks!
Can't say for sure as I have a Limited so the comm plug is already there in the dash panel on the tank...and nothing plugged into the grey/off white connector under the fairing. I would think it should work but can't say for certain.

Btw, I just tried to jump the pins on the plug under the fairing and it didn’t work on my 19 street glide for some reason
Are you jumping the correct 2 terminals. If you look at post #6, I marked the 2 that are jumped with a couple of terminals and a short wire on the connector (female part) you can buy. Make sure it lines up properly with the bike (male part) connector. Maybe upside down?

Old 10-30-2021 | 12:12 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by binarym
Just ordered this off of eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/294204622254) for $54 and change including tax. If this works, I am forever grateful to all of you who have contributed to this thread. I will keep you all posted.
If you have a Limited, it should work perfectly. Just plug it into the dash comm port, plug your iPhone into the USB and CarPlay should come up on your screen.

Old 10-30-2021 | 12:25 PM
binarym
Tourer
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: National Guard

Originally Posted by lefty33
If you have a Limited, it should work perfectly. Just plug it into the dash comm port, plug your iPhone into the USB and CarPlay should come up on your screen.
Hi Lefty33: I have a 2019 FLHXS - Street Glide Special that has been set up for a wired headset with the dash plug on the tank near the saddle. So, I am thinking it will work much as if I had a Limited. Fingers crossed.

lefty33 (10-30-2021)
Old 10-30-2021 | 12:32 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by binarym
Hi Lefty33: I have a 2019 FLHXS - Street Glide Special that has been set up for a wired headset with the dash plug on the tank near the saddle. So, I am thinking it will work much as if I had a Limited. Fingers crossed.
Ahhh...got it binarym. Sounds like a similar setup that TnFatboy has and was asking about (posted above). It should work, but yes, please report back to confirm.

Quick Reply: 2021 GTS Apple Car play "Hack"