Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMR 107" Dyno Results...I'll be needing larger cams and a better A/C

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 07:26 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GMR 107" Dyno Results...I'll be needing larger cams and a better A/C

Well folks, I was out to complete my 5K service today and weset my bike up on the dyno for a few short pulls. Here are the preliminary results with the GMR 107" kit, D&D fatcat, and the Thundermax AT running S&S 585 cams. I should inform you that this dealers dyno reports about 8 HP/TQlower than other dyno's so true HP and TQ are likely to be 109/113. I have not tweaked this map as of yet, and although it pulls very strong from 3000 up, the torque is impressive.

The fuel needs adjusting right where the throttle was wicked(2200 rpm) as it isa littlefat there, but thats nothing that the software and some tuning won't cure. This top end was reported making over 120hp with a larger set of cams, and I might try and wake it up a bit when I find some time to swap them out. Another issue is the only breather we could find that would fit this TB at the time of the build was an old HD Hi Flow Back plate with a K&N 2" Filter. That's whats under the stock ham cam, and we suspect it is restricting air flow to some degree.(There were clearanceissues with other breathers where the backing plates would not clear the heads while attempting a proper fit, so we made the old Hi Flow fit for the time being)Whenever I swap the cams and re-address the breather, I will also be trying out a smaller T/B to see what that does, and might also try another set of pipes that a friend of mine wants to try. I'll keep you posted as to the changes, and will also be running this on another dyno just to confirm numbers as suspected.

From 3K up this thing flat lines on the torque and pulls like a train, so yes it is fun, and although the numbers are a bit under expectation, I am completely happy with the way it pulls. Lets just say I know this dyno is conservative, as I have beat up on three other bikes that each make between 105 and 112 HP on their builds,so no dissapointments here. This info is purely for the number seekersand those who wanted to see what it would make. Some tweaking and I'm sure this will report 115+ on another dyno. Cheers! (now it's time to go ride again)

Glideman

Old 08-02-2007, 08:04 PM
cwilks
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GMR 107" Dyno Results...I'll be needing larger cams and a better A/C

Good numbers and as long as your happy its all good

Old 08-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: GMR 107" Dyno Results...I'll be needing larger cams and a better A/C

cool....plenty o power thar

Old 08-02-2007, 08:55 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

THat looks like good power all the way across.

It is important to remember that an tune for mega-numbers may not be the best "riding" tune and a vise versa.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:11 PM
lv2gld
Intermediate

well put phil. how much was the upgrade, glideman? was it worth it? i think so. glider out
ORIGINAL: PhilM

THat looks like good power all the way across.

It is important to remember that an tune for mega-numbers may not be the best "riding" tune and a vise versa.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 321 Likes on 197 Posts

That's a hell of a tq curve. Looks like power is available everywhere. Must be a blast to ride. Don't worry about the numbers. If it starts and runs like it should, no pinging, and doesn't make a bunch of racket (besides that sweet Fatcat sound), I be happy.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 321 Likes on 197 Posts

Hey, I just thought of something. Put some duct tape on the cam lobes to make them higher lift.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:33 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, plenty-o-power Bryan and a very good point Phil!

It runs 75-90 mph all daylong, starts well, runs in city traffic, and pulls hard on all the mountain loops with no issues at all. Was it worth the cost to build, hell yea! Does it do what Steve at GMR claimed it would, yes, and then some. Am I happy with it...always have been! Does it have a hell of a torque curve with power across the spectrum, ummmm Yeah! Will i go for some duct tape on the cam lobes, only if it's installed by the Duct Tape Guys and welded on with a little JB. (lol)

lmao @ BiggZ (very funny!)

Old 08-03-2007, 01:01 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

That is among the broadest and flattest torque curves I've ever seen....and I've looked at A LOT of dyno sheets...very nice.[8D]

So is your 107" an "all bore" or do you have stroker flywheels and the 98" cylinders? I had heard that Steve at GMR quit selling revperf's nikasil cylinders due to some problems he had with a customers build...just curious what you are running.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks good, and i agree with Phil. I was able to get mine to 120hp/125tq, but have dialed it back to where it starts easiest, runs best and gets 42+mpg, now am at 112hp, 118 tq and perfectly happy. The big number tune was a bear when it got hot with pinging and rough idle.

Quick Reply: GMR 107" Dyno Results...I'll be needing larger cams and a better A/C