Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Lights for Motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 11:50 PM
ToadsUltra07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Lights for Motorcycles

How many of you have installed any of these accessory type lights?

This is a link of what kind of lights I am refering too:
http://www.boogey.com/

I have checked the State Statue of Illinois for motorcycles.
They are legal in all colors except for blue atm. And from what I have been told, they might be adding that color to be used as well in the future. (EMT Lights)
The lights cannot blink while riding your ride down the road. Yes, that means they can be on during your ride.

Now the question most would ask, Why would you want to have them on during night riding? (More yah lit up, maybe the jamokes might see yah in my opinion)

My wife and I had seen them a few weeks ago. And it was not hard for anyone driving/or riding to notice there was a bike/biker coming down the road.

Interested in what yah got to say about the lights.

ToadsUltra07
"If yah feel froggie, JUMP!"

Old 08-02-2007, 12:38 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: LED Lights for Motorcycles

Friend put a set on his FLSTS at a rally in AZ last April... Look Nice at night & While Parked.... But in Calif can't run em' on the road...

Old 08-02-2007, 01:34 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I saw a set yesterday that I thought about getting. But, I really want to do something with the paint first. Make sure you check the law in your state. In NM, I believe that it is allowed, but only in certain colors. Red and blue are out, because that is what the police use. But, I could be wrong.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:31 AM
electra trike
Advanced

I install them on bikeson theside, they really make a bike stand out at night if installed properly. Only once while driving at Myrtle Beach bike week was I told to turn them off.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:48 AM
Mako Shark
Advanced

I have the Swints on my Wide Glide. They are blue. Have not been hastled yet, even at Myrtle Beach, but running these lights are a good excuse for "the man" to stop you.
Use your own judgement.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:40 PM
will2062
Advanced

MD not legal while driving, only parked.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:40 PM
mllkn6
Tourer

Go to Ebay and look up a seller of LED's joe-florida, he has it all. Write him tell him what kind of bike you have and what you are trying to do. He will come up with a custom kit for your bike, suggested placement of LED's, wiring instructions, and customer support should you get in trouble while installing them. The kit comes with lights, fuses, on/off switch, wiring, connectors, connectors to stick on bike to hold lights, everything for a complete hook up or you can just purchase the lights. He has the best prices on Ebay too. He put together a 74 LED kit for my 06 Ultra using single lights, 3 light LEDs and 4 light LED that looks super for less than $ 75.00 with free shipping. Super nice guy who guarantees his lights 100%, I was putting some of my friends bike when the on/off switch was bad , emailed him and 2 days later a new one arrived without having to send the bad on in, he said if its bad for you it will be bad for me too so throw it away . He has different kits you can buy or have him custom one for you or suggest a kit that will work, like I said great guy too.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:29 PM
ToadsUltra07
Cruiser

Thanks mllkn6,

Will check it out. I like the idea of lighting up the bike.

Have seen many different bikes with them this past weekend, and havent really seen any of them looking to gaudy with the color scheme of the bike and the lights.

ToadsUltra07
"If yah feel froggie, JUMP!"

Old 08-03-2007, 04:34 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, can you give us a link to one of his auctions?
ORIGINAL: mllkn6

Go to Ebay and look up a seller of LED's joe-florida, he has it all. Write him tell him what kind of bike you have and what you are trying to do. He will come up with a custom kit for your bike, suggested placement of LED's, wiring instructions, and customer support should you get in trouble while installing them. The kit comes with lights, fuses, on/off switch, wiring, connectors, connectors to stick on bike to hold lights, everything for a complete hook up or you can just purchase the lights. He has the best prices on Ebay too. He put together a 74 LED kit for my 06 Ultra using single lights, 3 light LEDs and 4 light LED that looks super for less than $ 75.00 with free shipping. Super nice guy who guarantees his lights 100%, I was putting some of my friends bike when the on/off switch was bad , emailed him and 2 days later a new one arrived without having to send the bad on in, he said if its bad for you it will be bad for me too so throw it away . He has different kits you can buy or have him custom one for you or suggest a kit that will work, like I said great guy too.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:44 AM
kurtlange
Tourer

http://*******.com/2s6knn

Quick Reply: LED Lights for Motorcycles