Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Lights for Motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 09:25 AM
kst8catfan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LED Lights for Motorcycles

ToadsUltra07

I put the Boogey lights on my 07 Ultra shortly after I got it in May. LED's on bikes seem to be the hot ticket in some Kansas City areas, but in my rural town I think I'm the only one that has them on any kind of bike. A couple weeks ago, I was parked with alot of other bikes in front of the old watering hole and had them on. A county mountie came into the bar and asked who owned the bike with the lights glowing outside. His only concern was that he thought they might run the battery down while sitting there. (Good thing I didn't have a Crown and water sitting in front of me at the time) Check your state for regulations...the only thing I found in Kansas was that there is a regulation against FORWARD FACING red or blue lights. At night, my red Boogey lights can only be seen from the sides.

As far as Boogey lights brand, I'm satisfied for the most part. One minor complaint is they brag up some kind of special junction blocks for hooking all the wires together. When I was installing mine, it appeared these special blocks were large enough to be used on house wiring. I never could get any of the small LED light wires to hold together at all so I ended up soldering everything together. Now, my soldering skills leave a lot to be desired but the wires are all together in a glob that I protected with both electrical tape and a rubber tape we use in other electrical applications. It aint pretty, but its hidden under the seat and I'll take some Saturday when the weather cools off a bit and re-do it.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:25 AM
combat_vet
Tourer

I am planning on putting them on m SERK someday, but would not have them illuminated while driving. Too much of a safety issue; afterall cagers can barely see us now, why distract them so they are not paying attention to what's going on around them?

Old 08-03-2007, 12:47 PM
dlta
4th Gear

I've put five sets of the cut'n click lights on bikes for friends; 2-red, 1-blue, 1-orange, 1-purple. They do make you more visible during night-time riding. Of all the colors the blue is the brightest, we were told by a law-enforcement friend they were ok in GA. as long as the lights did't flash.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:22 PM
beyondthepaint
Cruiser

I run blue LEDs on my Fatboy, local cops here in GA don't have a problem with them as long as they are not flashing or forward facing. But get out there on the streets showing your butt, and its one more ticket they can add on to the other ones you are getting.
I just finished putting a set of green ones on a local cops personal bike. He saw my blue ones, and instead of a hassle, I got a customer. Gotta love the LEO's that ride!

I use LEDs from streetsourceleds.com not the cheapest by no means, but the best by far! Only 5 tiny LEDs on my fattie, fewer LEDs make tons more light, and because they are so small. they are easier to hide. (properly installed, you should not see the actual light source, only the glow)

Old 08-03-2007, 04:09 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Thanks mllk.. read his auction and I'll keep that in mind. In the midst of a few major projects here on the bike and also a wedding lol.

BM

Old 08-03-2007, 04:21 PM
TimAT
Advanced

I had red on my 01 UCm and looking at adding them to my 07 SEUC. Never did get any hassle, but from the front or rear you couldn't see them anyway- just the glow.

And I don't think anyone could hassle you if the side lights were amber/yellow- look at all the trucks out there that look like Christmas trees- all amber.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:21 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

I have the purple ones. They were already installed on my ride when I bought it. I never use them I forget they are even there.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:29 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: beyondthepaint

I run blue LEDs on my Fatboy, local cops here in GA don't have a problem with them as long as they are not flashing or forward facing. But get out there on the streets showing your butt, and its one more ticket they can add on to the other ones you are getting.
I just finished putting a set of green ones on a local cops personal bike. He saw my blue ones, and instead of a hassle, I got a customer. Gotta love the LEO's that ride!

I use LEDs from streetsourceleds.com not the cheapest by no means, but the best by far! Only 5 tiny LEDs on my fattie, fewer LEDs make tons more light, and because they are so small. they are easier to hide. (properly installed, you should not see the actual light source, only the glow)
Where did you place them such that 5 was all you needed? I assume 1 under the seat, 1 in the breather, 1 in the horn cover, and 1-2 under the tank? Details, please.... TIA

Old 08-03-2007, 09:03 PM
mllkn6
Tourer

The link to joe-florida on Ebay is http://stores.ebay.com/Motorcycle-LED-Accent-Lights. Just click on View seller's store and see what he has going. If you need anything else just email him usually emails back within 24 hours.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:13 PM
fuzz35
Cruiser

I used the electropod kit on my 07 SG...found it for $49,,,looks good,,one pod under the air cleaner fell off during the first wash tho...had to redo that,,,but overall im very satisfied

Quick Reply: LED Lights for Motorcycles