Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A day on a EG Classic

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007 | 01:19 PM
DynaSport
|
Advanced
Default RE: A day on a EG Classic

ORIGINAL: rickoshay45

I bought my EGC because the wife wanted the easy chair. Well I put 450 a week on it going to and from work. She only rides on the weekend. We still put another 2 to 3 hundred on every weekend together. Maybe if it was more comfortable she would ride more.

Once I get the tour pack relocated, some RJs on, adjustable pegs for her and a new seat we will try some real long distance.
I see alot of posts about people relocating the tour pack back for more comfort. The funny thing is I could barely tell my wife was behind me on the EG. I am used to her being much closer on the Dyna. I kind of missed the closeness. She was so comfortable, though, she said she was afraid she was going to fall asleep and fall off the bike. She wondered if they made arm rests that stuck out farther to hold her on if she went to sleep. I think that says more about these bikes than anything. They can be very comfortable. I just want exciting sometimes too. I really wish I could afford to keep my Dyna and get a touring bike. Without those funds I have made my Dyna as comfortable as I can. I need to ride a RG more now. I just did a quick test ride on one a couple of years ago. I need to refresh my memory.

Too many bikes, too little money.

Dan

Old 08-01-2007 | 01:36 PM
Team Flash
Intermediate

I would like to comment in regards to your wife going more often on a touring bike. Since I have put an Electric Glide in the garage my wife has been asking me if I want to go on rides. This includes evening rides after work as well as 300+ mile day trips. It is great! If my riding buddies can't go for a ride who cares my wife will go. It has been the best decision of my life to get a dresser.

Old 08-01-2007 | 04:16 PM
RoadieRider
Cruiser

I have riddenthe Street Glide and the Road Glide. Lets just say I just put a deposit down onan 08 RG. The significant things that I noticed was that the fairing is better laid out and is pushed out further so you feel more comfortable with the extra room. Alsoas far as the handling goes I feel the RG is more nimble,feels lighter and likes the corners better. That is just my opinion.

Old 08-01-2007 | 09:25 PM
JBA111
Road Captain

From what I have read the RoadGlide does not wobble arround in the wake of big trucks but it has alot of helmet buffeting from the wind comeing over the windshield.And where the 'windsheild is so far away from the driver it moves downard enough to cause helmet buffeting.
Now I relize this is preaty dependent on the hight of windsheild of each bike.
but I belive I would rather have some wobble when a truck passes than to have constant helmet buffeting!!

Old 08-01-2007 | 10:00 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member

I just want exciting sometimes too.
Get one leaned on like BrianTTM and PhilM do and you'll get plenty of excitement out of an EG.

CN

Old 08-08-2007 | 09:13 PM
MassHD
Road Warrior

I am a currently 06 wing owner but have owned many HD's. trying to decide wheather or not to sell the wing for a HD touring bike or wait until the V ROD makes a bagger. Never been on a RG beforeand want to know is this the closest HD to the handling of my wing?

Old 08-08-2007 | 09:25 PM
cderider
Cruiser

Buffeting is more related to the rider and windsheild hight, I felt far more buffeting on the SG than my RG with the stock sheild. The RG with a8 inch shield gives me just enough air to keep me cool on a hot day.

Old 08-08-2007 | 09:49 PM
tmf2
Cruiser

The wife has a Springer so that was not a issue when I purchased an EG. I like the storage and the heft of the bike the miles I can pack on, and yes the excitment of throwing a Touring class bike around on the twisties. No excitment my A##. My FX just sits in the garage as I have not looked back since buying the EG best Harley I've owned in 30 years.