Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

satalite radio not loud enough

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:03 AM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: satalite radio not loud enough

in my truck before i had my new one i had my sirius installed using the fm modulator. I would switch to a cd and the volume would be 3 times as loud. Then I bought an Aux cord to direct wire my Sirius and it became 3 times louder then when using the FM modulator. the sound was way cleaner and crisper using the aux port.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:16 AM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

There should be a menu button on the sat radio which allows volume,contrast etc. Scroll down to receiver and it should say FM ant on or off. I accidently had mine FM ant on but was running through the aux outlet. The volume was lower until I switched it to off. Hope this helps!

Old 08-02-2007, 10:57 PM
kst8catfan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1potter1

I installed a Boosteroo Revolution Hi-Def amplifier yesterday and WOW....what a difference. I'm using the aux port onmy 07 Ultra's stereo with my Sirius receiver because I didn't want to mess with losing signals due to bleedover like I have with my Dodge truck. I couldn't hear the satellite sounds anywhere above 60 mph. I haven't had the bike on the hiway yet since I put the booster on, but theres a huge difference already with the Boosteroo. The volume setting with the satellite receiver is now at the same level as the FM/CD player. I bought the Hogtunes 4 speaker set thinking that might make enough of a difference to get by, but it didn't help the satellite volume at all. I'm SOLD on the Boosteroo.

Sirius satellite was the first addition I made to my new Ultra when I bought it in May. I just gotta have my satellite tunes. I can't get enough of the classic rock channels that are on there....Greatful Dead and Who dedicated channels....now if they would put on an all Beatles channel like I have on I-tunes at work, I think I'd mess myself

Old 08-03-2007, 07:31 AM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

I did the same as Rebbe18 did. On XM go to menu turn audio up to Max. Hog Tune speakers. No problem hearing the radio at speed. In fact bikes behind us say they can hear our radio clearly! I had the same problem you have until I did the above.