Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

riding glasses

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:54 PM
Beeracuda
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: riding glasses

I just got my WileyX SG1's today. I have been wearing some safety glasses with bi-focal lenses, but they were horrible in the rain. I couldn't see a thing in anything much above a drizzle. I'll see how the SG1's do before I order a pair of the LA progressive lenses....

Old 08-02-2007, 07:28 AM
olgreydog7
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for trying them on. It took me forever to find a pair that fit my head right. I had one pair of wiley x's that didn't quite fit, but now I have the SG's and they are awesome. They worked great in a sandstorm in Kuwait with 30-40 knot winds.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:02 AM
northeastconfederate
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a pair of Panoptyx, or however you spell it, and loved them, but my then 3yr old granddaughter got hold of them and after 3 seconds brought them back in sevral pieces. For the $, I thought they'd be a little tougher than that. Now I wear Aviator Goggles, and love them. Discovered in allergy season my bike is a pollen injection system, and goggles keep pollen out of my eyes. Have had these for several years, they flew off my head once when I turned around backwards with a worn out strap and they survived a crash landing at 65 mph as a result. You can get parts for them, replacement lenses, straps, etc.relatively cheap, though they're expensive [think I paid $160]. Rode for years with sunglasses, won't ever go back unless I use the windshield [which I rarely do]. I have the rubber "seals" on mine, but have tried on a pair with leather "seals", and they felt and fit better. This can be retrofitted to my rubber ones for $50 I found out. The only thing I don't like is that when it's really hot, my eyeballs sweat [or at least it feels like it] at stops,I have to put 'em on my helmet till I start moving again. Also, in a hard rain, water gets in them unless the strap is so tight it hurts. With the mirror lenses in, they fog up from that and will not clear. Never had that happen with the clear lenses, but if you get caught in a sudden storm while riding with a group, it's a real pain in the *** to pull over, dig the spare lenses out of the saddlebag and switch 'emin the pouring down rain. Still and all, no red, itchy, dry eyes [BTW, I do not wear contacts].

Old 08-02-2007, 03:20 PM
The Vig
Advanced

1st if you can, Get Laser surgery. Just got it andit takes les time than getting a bag of French Fries.
I wear ocean waves they are meant for fishing and Jetskiing. I love them, wore them 2 days after eye surgery on a 300 mile day and not enough buffeting to hurt the newly lasered eyes.
Also they are 10 layers of polarized glass optically wonderful and Ihave had them on my jetski and water seems to roll right off.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:03 PM
thall
Road Master

I have both panoptyx and wiley-x iknow for a fact you will like the wiley better and the price

Old 08-02-2007, 08:35 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Domestic Violence

panoptx are great. however, make sure that you get the transition lenses. theyll cost a bit more, but its well worth it to have day/night glasses all in one.

a word of caution- a lot of people complain that they dont get dark enough in sunlight. while id like mine to be darker- theyre still good.
Another vote for panoptx If you have Optical Insurance and buy them at a optrician (look at the Panoptx web site for one near you )the insurance may pick up the cost, Mine Did [sm=happy046.gif]

Old 08-02-2007, 09:10 PM
lockshop
Tourer

I've had the same pair since 05 panOptix day.night. Works for me. They are pricey but I only can see out of one eye I need to protect it.