Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil drops on left front fender of RoadKing

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:24 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: oil drops on left front fender of RoadKing

Don't know if it is forkseal or steering head grease but if it is fork seal I changed mine on my Ultra with very little experience on bikes.Longest part of it was the faring removal.Also don't buy one of those $65 forkseal drivers use a piece of pvc pipe with the burrs sanded off.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:14 PM
MyRide7
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya break fluid on tins BAAADDD!! Also finding out in traffic you havenofront brake is Priceless!! Happened to me at this past Sturgis on the River in Davenport Ia.. Just had the 10k service donea week before and went to grab some front brake (Using back as well) to stop in traffic and guess what ? no frigging brake? Well I almost "stood" on the rear (2UP) and all was ok. All three connections were loose one of which was completely not connected!. Anyway got some fluid and bled/filled her back up. Needless to say front fender and both sides of gas tank are toast! called dealer on way home on that Saturday and left a nice to the point message. long story short they fessed up and have ordered new fender and tank not in yet as takes 6-10 weeks. It doesn't look to bad but is noticable at the right angle/sun...............at least they made it right.................MyRide7

Old 07-31-2007, 09:58 PM
cwilks
Banned

Told ya NOT to fill that neck with grease [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 08-01-2007, 07:09 AM
garcon
Cruiser

You guys were right. I went out and looked at the steering head and it was loaded with extra grease. More seeping on the left side than right side. I'm sure that is where the drips were comming from. I wiped it clean and hope no more drips. Thanks for your help.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:36 AM
swomack
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've changed the fork oil on all my metrics and my BMW and have never messed with the fork seals except on an air fork that was leaking. Why would you mess with the seals just to change the oil?