Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advan Black Chopped Tour Pak ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 10:55 PM
cruzomatic
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks, I do like it.

Old 12-28-2020, 08:35 AM
gonemad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,299 Likes on 2,934 Posts

Appears Advanblack doesn’t make a chopped tour pac in stiletto red (2020 color) ...yet. Only in a razor tour pak. Hmmmm.

Was planning a major road trip in spring, riding one up. Really wanted a chopped tour pak.

Guess that just saved me some money, for now.

Old 12-28-2020, 10:15 AM
SportySmitty
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Stiletto Red

Yes they do make it in Stilleto red. I have one. The match isn’t perfect though.

The following users liked this post:
gonemad (12-28-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 02:55 PM
gonemad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,299 Likes on 2,934 Posts

Originally Posted by SportySmitty
Yes they do make it in Stilleto red. I have one. The match isn’t perfect though.
Thanks for the heads up on that. Especially about the color match.

Old 12-28-2020, 03:04 PM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,955 Likes on 3,594 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammerdown77
You say the hinges and latches aren't included but in the P&A catalog it says they are. The lock kit is not included but it's like $43. Maybe you mean if you want gloss black latches and hinges that's extra, but on some of the painted offerings it may come with those, that I don't know.

I priced this all out last year and didn't see a huge advantage with going Advanblack if you are getting the tour pak painted (as someone already mentioned). Some of the reviews on YouTube show lower prices for the Advanblack than what I priced out, I don't know if they've raised their prices since those reviews or what.
I agree. I purchased the King Tour pack from HD. With the wraparound backrest, painted, detachable mount, top rack, (hinges. were included) and a lock matched to my key it was $1,400.00 with tax and all.
I priced that all out from Advan and I think it was $300.00 less which to me didnt seem enough to take the chance. One thing I read was HD uses glass filled ABS which is strong stuff and its also thicker. I didnt want to kick myself in the *** a few years down the road if the Advan started to crack so I went HD. But opinions are like...........

Old 12-29-2020, 06:28 AM
SportySmitty
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Totally agree. I bought the H-D painted lowers and the price difference was not enough for me, especially after getting the tour pac from Advanblack and the paint didn’t match. The Stiletto Red was slightly darker and didn’t have as much metallic in it. Btw the H-D painted lowers matched perfectly.

The following users liked this post:
gonemad (12-29-2020)
Old 01-14-2021, 11:35 AM
JNM3
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the Advan Razor tour pak and love it.

Old 01-14-2021, 12:01 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 447 Likes on 309 Posts

Advanblack has great prices if you want it in black. They tack on a few bills for color. I have seen a bunch of aftermarket razor packs on Ebay starting at 200 bucks. Unfortuanetly I have an Eagle Eye and no one has come out with that color yet other than Harley. Got my King Tour pak from Surdyke for 789.00, no shipping no tax.

Old 01-14-2021, 03:37 PM
freakfxr
Tourer
Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm a factory TP guy. Just bought a King pack from the Moco at a 20% off dealer. The pack itself was $789. Had to buy backrest ($100 Amazon) Black hinges and latch (moco $199 minus 20%) rack to mount it ($20 on ebay for factory non detach) Liner (moco $70) and rack for on top of it (moco $199 minus 20%. Haven't added it up yet but here goes nothing. So I'm in about $1229. Had an aftermarket pack on a bike I bought used, it sucked. Flimsy and weak. Add in the benefits of a prefect paint color match from Harley and no lead time except shipping and it's a win on all fronts.

I was going to for aftermarket latches and hinges as they are far less expensive but I read the reviews. I also bought an aftermarket liner first. Didn't fit at all. Gave it to a friend with a cheapie after market pack. So, my vote is always no on after market packs, but I run mine all day every day so sturdiness is important to me. For the guy who wants to "look cool" when not on a trip, I guess, but not really. I'd still buy a factory pack even if I took it off when not traveling.

My buddies I travel with are probably going to get after market on their packs. I'll make a full comparison when they do. Oh, forgot a few items in the list. Marker lights and light bar off the forums $155, wiring harness for TP $50, and harness from under the seat to TP $40. Plus power port $32. so $1506. Lotta dough, that's for sure. Oh well. It's already spent, water under the bridge.

Old 01-14-2021, 05:19 PM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,629 Likes on 1,163 Posts

Originally Posted by SportySmitty
Wow...looks pretty close to the the inside of my grandpa's new home, except different colors. His was about 5 grand and came with real fancy hinges and handles.

The following 2 users liked this post by RKZen:
SportySmitty (01-18-2021), unclerog (01-14-2021)

Quick Reply: Advan Black Chopped Tour Pak ?