Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting Thundermax

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:49 PM
jeffer60
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting Thundermax

Wondering what adjustments you TMAT owners have made. Have an 07 ultra with d & d fatcats (quiet baffle) and ANBS. Put on the above at 600 miles and now have 1000 miles. Before the change, bike pinged at takeoff, esp when hot. I got about 37 mgp. Now bike still pings slightly at takeoff. I have some decel popping. Bike got 33 all hwy miles (rpm cruising range between 2800 and 3000 --65-70 mph.
Base map is 391.

Wondering how I can get a bit better mileage without sacrificing more heat from engine.

Also, will this bike shut down at a certain engine temp? I think I remember reading that the stock ecm had that built in feature. Wondering if the TMAT replicates it.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:06 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Adjusting Thundermax

Call thundermax and they will step you thru leaning up your AFR at cruizing speeds.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:27 PM
waffler
Tourer

I had a pinging problem w/just slipons and big sucker so I kept richening up the fuel from 1024rpm to 2816 on the air/fuel-tpstable. I richened it to the mid 12's. this took care of my pinging but hurt my mpg around town. Then I found a muffler clap a little loose then put my t/max back to the original configuration and have had no more ping and respectable gas mileage. It doesn't hurt to play around w/it you can always put it back if your not happy. Thundermax told me there maps are set up forperformance/economy with room to make adjustments. I am in no way an expert i just make sure i dont lean it out too much so that it will hurt anything.Ifyou do make adjustments youhave to let the auto tune do its job. If you not sure about anything just call thundermax there customer service is second to none.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:43 AM
jeffer60
Cruiser

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll call zippers

Old 08-01-2007, 09:44 AM
notorious
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: jeffer60
Also, will this bike shut down at a certain engine temp? I think I remember reading that the stock ecm had that built in feature. Wondering if the TMAT replicates it.
Yes, the T-max will show the check engine light at 350*.I was a little concerned, however the engineer assured me this is normal and shouldn't be a problem. Sounds a little hot but these guys know more than me. I just ride it now and don't worry.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:37 AM
poppa cooter
Tourer

i have an 07 ultra with the tmax my bike did the same thing my cure = go into closed loop settings(under configure)and turn auto tune on, on the module side and on the map side, i also changed the clp settings(the amount the computer can learn) to 15% and35% for both sides, then then click write settings to module, this has worked very good for me, if your not sure about these things call zippers there very helpfull . before you do this be sure to clear all learned fuel adjustments under map editing, good luck . ps check your plugs every so often for discolorization, my mechanic says mine looks good not to grey not to black.