Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exigent Motorcycle Covers

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:42 PM
ScooterJammer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exigent Motorcycle Covers

I screwed up! I purchased an Exigent MC cover instead of a DOWCO and I'm not happy. The Exigent is very lightweight, too lightweight in my opinion. The aluminized panels feel like thin tin-foil, I'm afraid to put the cover on until the pipes completely cool. This sucks, since I've used the damn thing now I can't send it back, I've got an $88 POS.

ScooterJammer

Old 07-30-2007, 01:54 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Exigent Motorcycle Covers

eBay.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:03 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a dowco, nice cover. The wife has some other kind that feels quite a bit more flimsy, but it is still fine to put it on while hot. There is only one way to find out if it will work, and if the panels are aluminized it should be fine. I have also made the mistake of putting the wrong kind of cover on a new bike and remember finding it withthe cover stuck to the exhaust the next morning. Just do it.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Exignt covers on all my bikes for years and they feel flimsy to you but they are a great cover. They are made out of the same material as parachutes and are designed to be lighweight, compact and easy to travel with and are waterproof, not water resistant. They aren't going to stick to your pipes or scratch your bike. IMO they are a better cover than your Dowco's. If I needed another cover I'd take it off your hands in a heartbeat !!! Don't be deceived by the lightweight material.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:30 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I agree with Peppa1 that Exigent covers are excellent, and you shouldn't prejudge them based on lightness alone. I've had one for 10 years and it looks as good now as when purchased, and the lightness is a plus for touring since it folds down into a very small, neat ball. No problems with the mufflers touching the silver portions of the cover.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:51 PM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Exigent covers are great. I've had mine for 3 years now and it's been to Sturgis and back as well as from NY to Alabama. Light weight, easy to pack and it does the job.

Like someone else said, if I needed another one, I'd take yours off your hands in a second.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:32 PM
05 Ultra
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Ditto what everyone else said...I've had mine for years.
Plus they're made in America!

Old 07-31-2007, 08:44 PM
ScooterJammer
Cruiser

Thanks to all...I originally planned on buying a DowCo, however, by virtue of a mistake, I now have the Exigent. I was hoping to hear that the overall "lightness" was due to upgraded materials, it sounds like that's the case. The cover has been on the bike several times recently, we've had a lot of rain here in FL recently, by all appearences it seems to do it's job, thereforeI don't have a problem. The aluminized panels were my biggest concern, I'd hate to findthem melted to my pipes. I'd be pizzed-off!

I appreciate the feedback from "the Tribe".

Old 08-01-2007, 05:56 AM
SpikeCT
Road Captain

Scoot use it you wont be disappointed. it is a great cover. I bought mine before I took my soul searching ride from CT to Key West. Used every night with hot pipes and never had an issue. By the time you stop the bike unload and cover the pipes cool to almost a touch. The compactness of the cover is the best i have used so far... If i needed another it would be the same.
As for water proof.... I had puddles on the cover and dry underneath.,.... I actually keep it in my bike all the time so if Im at work i can throw it on in a minute.

Old 03-29-2015, 09:24 PM
RideroftheStorm
Stage I

Originally Posted by ScooterJammer
I screwed up! I purchased an Exigent MC cover instead of a DOWCO and I'm not happy. The Exigent is very lightweight, too lightweight in my opinion. The aluminized panels feel like thin tin-foil, I'm afraid to put the cover on until the pipes completely cool. This sucks, since I've used the damn thing now I can't send it back, I've got an $88 POS.

ScooterJammer
If you decide you don't like it .. Let me know. I'll take it off your hands..

Quick Reply: Exigent Motorcycle Covers