Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I crazy for wanting a helmet lock?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 04:20 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Id like a helmet lock, I got two 1/2 helmets that cost almost $200.00 each and they would walk sure heck..A person could argue that a good sharp knife and they walk anyhow, but they are hard to use without the chin strap.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Stretglyd08
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this one from lockitt company "Helmet Guardian License Plate Lock," I like it alot. Looks good on my street glide hardly notice it and provides good security to lock the helmets on. It will lock 2 lids on it so thats also a plus.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:41 AM
teedubya
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Why would you feel bad about wanting to lock your helmets? It's a free country, do what your comfortable with and don't let others influence your feelings.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:11 AM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

Would you feel better if someone stole it? We have them on all our bikes. Helmets do get stolen. If they will steal a 1%ers bike from his front yard(happened) while he's in the house they will steal anything!!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:42 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

I actually have two on my UC. I got the ones that have the flip up little rod that locks in place mounted them on the uprights for the tour pak then when I got the kury ISO grips I got the kind that mount on the end of the grip. They work great. You just slip the extension(that I keep in a windshield bag) through the d ring lock it into the lock and hang the helmet on the mirror.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Nightking
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I bought my 06 Road King it had a helmet lock on it. If I can find it, it's yours. It was attached to the saddle bag guard , just below the seat . Pm me if you want it.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:10 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ianchris1
I was talking to a friend of mine about getting a helmet lock for my bike. I had one on my Sporty, but haven't found one yet for the RK. Anyway, he laughed at me. Asked me "whydo youneed a helmet lock, no one will mess with your helmet or steal it". So the question is am I stupid? I mean, he rides with a novelty helmet so I guess it doesn't matter if that thing gets stolen or dropped, but I have a $150 HD helmet. (This isn't anything against novelty helmets, so please don't start flaming me for that remark)
As others have stated, if you're uncomfortable with leaving it unattended, then carry it in with you, or get a lock. I've never witnessed anyone stealing a helmet, but I'm sure it happens. Generally speaking, I'll leave mine on my pegs IF it's within eyesight, otherwise it goes into the Tour Pak.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:57 AM
h01waterman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Besides keeping your lid yours it is one more obstacle to making your bike easy to roll away. I am just saying if you have your stuff locked up and the bike next to you is just sitting there ready to roll off....

Old 12-09-2009, 03:50 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The gun lock idea is a good one. Went through the box my .357 came in, and there it was. Didn't cost me a thing. Thanks.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:53 PM
SKYCLIMBER
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep a 3' coated cable lock in the bag for locking up his and her helmuts. Starting buying 2 at a time and you lock them up. It also helps to keep them from getting knocked the bike off also. I lock them up sitting on the seat and it keeps the morons off.

Quick Reply: Am I crazy for wanting a helmet lock?