Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of updates to my King

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 09:36 PM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures of updates to my King

I purchased this roadking classic in the beginning of this year and I just love it. I think that I almost have it to my liking as far as making the bike fit my frame (I'm only 5'8" so bars and a seat swap really helped me out). You might not be able to see it, but I've put Skulls pretty much everywhere. I think I have about 3 skulls left to purchase to complete the bike. I was kind of worried that I'd have too many skulls, but I think it turned out fin (and can you ever have enough skulls!! ;^) ) I've also added the rkc tourpak and boy do I enjoy that extra storage space. I went ahead and put the chrome contoured luggage rack because i liked the looks of it on thescreaming eagle electraglide. Performance mods are just a K&N 3909 kit, VH dresser duals header pipes, Thunderheader mufflers, and the VH fuelpak.

Let me know if you like it (or not! )

Ralph

Old 07-29-2007, 09:44 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Pictures of updates to my King

Looks great. I'm selling my Sportie and want to go to the RK, but had some issues with comfort level given I'm 5'9"
What did you do for the bars & seat?
I'm not into the skulls, but am looking for an 03 (crazy for the emblems and vivid black paint)

Old 07-29-2007, 09:48 PM
rocksandgiz
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Very nice. like what youhave done.What kinda bars did you use. I have a 03 RK and need to have a couple more inches of pullback to the bars. But dont want to hassle with changing the brake cable. Road Kings are great looking bikes.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:51 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

I like it. The color especially looks good. What GPS unit are you using?

Old 07-29-2007, 09:52 PM
RandyNC
Tourer

I don't think you over did the skulls, really you can't even see any on left side except the passenger's floor board...and other sideair cleanercover and floor board from a side view.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:01 PM
scarygt
Road Master

The bars are the "chrome roadking high handlebar part number 55954-00. 4.5" higher and 2" narrower than stock. They worked out great for me and you don't have to change out the cables.

The seat is the "pillow look seat for the roadking" pn 51102-01A. My wife loves the seat. We can easily go 500 miles in a day on it (maybe more as the summer goes on).

These two changes made the bike mine (if you know what i'm saying). I still might lower the bike 1 inch in the rearso that i have a little better footing when backing up. I can touch flat footed but sometimes I have problems if the road/parking lot are a little uneven.

Thanks for the nice words guys.

Ralph

Old 07-29-2007, 10:05 PM
scarygt
Road Master

ORIGINAL: tda69

I like it. The color especially looks good. What GPS unit are you using?
Just a cheapo Garmin Etrex Legend. I think it was around 150 bucks and the Ram mount is 45 or so. I would literally be lost without this thing (my since of direction really stinks!) I just love setting a town/city into the thing and letting it just point me (as the crow flys) to my destination. It really allows you to explore without the worry of getting lost and not finding gas!!

Thanks again folks for the comments.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:07 AM
KCBULLDOG
Cruiser

If ya like skulls check out the skull horn cover. I have the one that is narrower and the teeth are pointed and not squared off. Chrome is top notch, really adds to the bike. Got mine from J&P Cycles.

Skullman online also has the horn cover, Part #: AC1550C .

Old 07-31-2007, 10:55 PM
scarygt
Road Master

ORIGINAL: KCBULLDOG

If ya like skulls check out the skull horn cover. I have the one that is narrower and the teeth are pointed and not squared off. Chrome is top notch, really adds to the bike. Got mine from J&P Cycles.
I'll have to give it a look.. thanks for the tip!

Old 07-31-2007, 11:15 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks good...you still need a skull on the timer cover though and get rid of that piece of tin. Very tastefully done.

Quick Reply: Pictures of updates to my King