Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this cool the 07?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007 | 06:15 PM
thall
Road Master
Default RE: Will this cool the 07?

I have a streetglide 07 I have true duals on mine and the heat is still pretty bad i just deal with it a friend told me the wings you put down on the frame dont help

Old 08-02-2007 | 07:38 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: thall

I have a streetglide 07 I have true duals on mine and the heat is still pretty bad i just deal with it a friend told me the wings you put down on the frame dont help
True duals just move some of the heat over to the other side.
Do a complete stage 1 and get it over with.

Old 08-02-2007 | 07:58 PM
SSZ7D
Intermediate

just bought my bike a week ago today and i'm already reading up on this issue with intensity, i didn't know nothing about no overheating (heat) issue but i will say the 2nd day i'm out and at a red light it was noticably hot mostly on the right side, didn't think hardly anything about it til i surfed to this aftermarket sight and they had alot to say. my initial thoughts would say this might be a warranty thing and we shouldn't have to shell out the $$ / just my thoughts

Old 08-03-2007 | 04:14 PM
SSZ7D
Intermediate

whats a average or good running temp on an '07 ? what is considered too high ?

Old 08-03-2007 | 07:00 PM
Gunney8
Cruiser

I still don't buy the 96 is the issue... I think most may have had a non-faring bikes in the past. So when we moved into the FL line with fairings, we just aren't used to having that radiant heat being held into us. Without a fairing, we get some relief from the open air, but with the fairing, it's all right there.
Couple that with the radiant heat from the pipes, and wham! we got heat. Having said that, I went with stage 1 with Thundermax and really haven't noticed a big decline in the heat when stopped. Don't have an oil guage, but don't think it matters that much anyway.... we are not feeling the engine heat from lean condition... we are just getting slammed with heat not able to circulate from us because of the fairing... that's my story and sticking to it!!!

Old 08-03-2007 | 08:24 PM
Time2ride
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Gunney8

I still don't buy the 96 is the issue... I think most may have had a non-faring bikes in the past. So when we moved into the FL line with fairings, we just aren't used to having that radiant heat being held into us. Without a fairing, we get some relief from the open air, but with the fairing, it's all right there.
Couple that with the radiant heat from the pipes, and wham! we got heat. Having said that, I went with stage 1 with Thundermax and really haven't noticed a big decline in the heat when stopped. Don't have an oil guage, but don't think it matters that much anyway.... we are not feeling the engine heat from lean condition... we are just getting slammed with heat not able to circulate from us because of the fairing... that's my story and sticking to it!!!
You got a valid point there. I also notice it takes longer to getsoaked in a downpour. My upper body stays relatively dry compared to when I had my softail.

Old 08-04-2007 | 03:33 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Gunney, I do not feel any heat that wouuld come from having a fairing, the heat I have a problem with is directly from the pipes on my rght thigh. I still say the shields do help a bit-----not completely.
The dipstick w/temp gauge shows anywhere between 190 to 220 f.

Old 08-05-2007 | 11:27 AM
parakiller
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

me & you been here awhile, we've seen new guys with questions, it dont bother me cause at one time i didnt know neither....as long as they dont ask how to wave
I was wondering...could the way you WAVE make the bike cooler or does it just make the rider cool?

Old 08-14-2007 | 04:58 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: GARY DYER

Gunney, I do not feel any heat that wouuld come from having a fairing, the heat I have a problem with is directly from the pipes on my rght thigh. I still say the shields do help a bit-----not completely.
The dipstick w/temp gauge shows anywhere between 190 to 220 f.
You either don't know what a heat problem is (No disrespect here!), or you have a defective dipstick giving you a low reading. Any gasoline engine needs to run at above 212 degrees just to boil off the water condensation and keep your oil from being diluted.

My dipstick reading is seldom below 225 degrees on an 80 degree day, and I don't have at all what I would consider an overheated engine.

Old 08-14-2007 | 05:38 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: charlesk

Last week, I did have to shut down my 07 Ultra while stuck in traffic. I had just ridden 150 miles and ran into major road constructiion. Sat there for 15 minutes and my legs could not take it, so, I shut off the engine. That did not seem to help, if anything, I swear that as soon as I shut her down the heat got worse. I considering parking it on the side of the road or U turning to get some air movemment. I did the U and sped down the highway.

I love my Utra. Have had some great road trips but I am also considering what to do to cool it down. I talked to the dealer about Stage I with pipes and SERT - they quoted me $2K with required dyno. I'm now investigating EFI modules pipes and air. My dealer warned me that if I did the work it could void my warranty.

charlesk

That's blackmail....

Quick Reply: Will this cool the 07?