Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toledo HD, Redeemed themselves! Thanks Jim!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:47 PM
skulley
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Toledo HD, Redeemed themselves! Thanks Jim!!

i bought the chrome and rubber extra large highway pegs at ad farrows in columbus ohio back in janurary {trailered bike to fla. for a week} the top half of one of them fell off in florida, got home told the parts guy and he said no problem. I havent seen him until last week for service and i said hey how bout those highway pegs......he got a new set off the wall, went out took the old set off and put the new set on, [ I've spent over $4000.00 with this guy} but that shouldnt matter, i was happy just to have the part replaced......I agree should have returned items and walked out.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:09 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Toledo HD, Redeemed themselves! Thanks Jim!!

Customer service is key. The family and I took the car up to Colorado this weekend. For the last few weeks, the car had an obvious lack of power, and was just not running right. I changed out the fuel filter, and air filter, to no avail. When we got there, I took the car to my brother-in-laws mech. He told me it might be a fuel pump or injector (my thoughts). After he checked it all, he said he was sure it was the catalytic converter. And told me the car was covered for 8 years/80k miles (news to me, although it is in part 2 of the Magnuson-moss act, duh). Took it to a Pontiac dealer at 9am (yesterday), told him I was on the road, and needed to get back home for work, so if he could get it back by today (wed), that would be great. Being as it was a warranty thing, so no money for them, I was sure I would not get it back in a timely manner. D@mn if the guy (Sean at Medvec pontiac in Castle Rock) didn't call me at 5p (yesterday). It was done, and we got home safe today. I shot the guy a $20, for helping me out. And the car is running great. Both the tech that told me of the warranty, and the dealership saved me time and money. Customer service is key. He (Sean)could have dragged his feet, but he didn't, and for that, I will forever praise that guy. At times, we all need a little compassion. Not giving you a simple tool, is ****. I live in NM, so buying from Ohio wouldn't happen anyways. But, even if for some reason I was in the area, they would NOT get my business. Due unto others...words to live by.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:45 AM
Crazycoop
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Toledo HD, Redeemed themseleves, Thanks Jim!!

ORIGINAL: jcboof

Finally!!! Jim from Toledo HD called me back.

I talked to him for about 20 minutes and explained exactly what had happened this past weekend. He was in shock also!! He apologized on more than one occasion and assured me that they are especially willing to help out of town riders. ESPECIALLY!! He said that the Service Writer in question was a new guy who probably did not know what to do in this circumstance. And he assured me that if I had asked anyone else for help that they would have been more than happy to loan a tool or to install the bolt for me!

So in conclusion. Toledo HD was very apologetic about what had happened. And they in no way support what the service writer had done. And they will be looking into it. I just hope I didnt get the poor guy in too much trouble.

I did mention to Jim the fact that I had posted this story on HDFORUMS.COM and he was kind of dissapointed that I had done so, But I assured him that there were many people waiting to hear what will come out of it. I assured him that I would let everyone know that Toledo HD was very sorry for any misunderstandings and would be more than willing to go the extra mile for me and others in the future.

I was hoping that he might give me say 50% off a new 08 Road Glide for my troubles but no luck!! LOL

I'm glad that this worked out to your satisfation. I personnaly would have handled it there with Jim, man to man.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:28 PM
jcboof
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Toledo HD, Redeemed themseleves, Thanks Jim!!

Well, If i had realized earlier while I was still there, I think I would have brought it up to someone. But hind sight is always 20/20.