Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toledo HD, Redeemed themselves! Thanks Jim!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:20 PM
jcboof
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Toledo HD, Not very helpful

UPDATE: I'm now in the process of emailing Toledo HD to let them know about the problems from this weekend.

I was at my local HD in Elkhart, Indiana. (Hoosier HD) And I told them of my weekend encounter and they were in disbelief. They said "Dude, seriously I would have just gone in back and got a torx from our techs and installed the bolt for ya! No big deal. "

I'll let ya know what I hear from them

Old 07-30-2007, 08:27 PM
classicjade01
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I havnt had much luck at the Toledo or Perrysburg dealership. They both wanted $450 for a new rear tire on my bike installed. I told them no thanks...went to Napoleon...tire installed, exhaust leak fixed, and washed for $210.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Zmon
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah send them a link to this to this topic at HDF. Here is their email address, sales@toledoharleydavidson.com, Hopefully the boss will have a few words with that tool of a service manager.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:24 PM
jcboof
Tourer

I'm not hopin to get anyone in trouble but rather, Just trying to raise concern within the inner workings of that HD dealer as to how their employees are treating their CUSTOMERS. And I'm hoping to get an apology! LOL!!! Maybe I should ask for a new Road Glide as Compensation for my troubles!!!!

BTW: Next bikes a Roadie!!!!!

Old 07-30-2007, 09:50 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: liltrk

Next time you are in Toledo, shoot down to Tim Sherman's Signature H-D. It is just south of the easterly 475 - 80/90 interchange in Perrysburg. They have always been obliging to me.
I live in southeast MI and I travel to Signature due to lack of a good dealer in my area. Toledo and Signature are under the same ownership. I've been to both and prefer Signature.

Old 07-30-2007, 10:01 PM
SG Mike
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I can say is wow! I'm not going to waste your time with woulda, shoulda and coulda but dayum if the friggin dealer can't loan you a toolthen what good are they? Hope you get some resolution from Management. Maybe you should also let them know that you're a member if HDForums and we pay attention to how people are treated. BTW I'm from Cleveland, OH and unless you report back that they made it right I will make sure not to frequent that dealer.

Good luck!

Old 07-31-2007, 08:37 AM
jcboof
Tourer

So far this morning, I still have not heard anything back from them. I will keep everybody updated on when I hear from them.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:10 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

ORIGINAL: iclick

Crazycoop, I enjoyed your story immensely. The problem I have with that dealer is the owner should've set a policy for that sort of contingency without causing all that rigmorole. I would put the blame on him for poor management, not the underlings for trying to cover their own asses. Now let me tell one, not quite as good as yours, but is a story about a good dealer:

In 1997 I was looking for a docking kit for my '96 RK and they were backordered everywhere. On a whim I decided to call a very small mom-and-pop HD dealership about 100 miles away--Johnny Davis HD in Alexandria, LA--with the hope they might have one in stock. Mr. Johnny answered the phone and when I gave him the part number he said he had the part, making me very happy. He took my shipping info and said, "Okay, I'll get it off today." I said, "Whoa! What about my credit card number?" Mr. Johnny replied, "Oh, when you get the part, just send me a check."

Well, how fast do you think that check was in the mail after receiving that part? Like within an hour, and I called a few days later to make sure he had gotten it. I later heard that Mr. Johnny had a reputation for helping people stranded with repair bills in that same manner, trusting them to mail him a check when they got home. Mr. Johnny was pressured into upgrading his small shop a few years later and elected to sell out to a group of attorneys. What chance do you think there might be of getting that treatment nowadays from them? Any dealer?

yeah, i had heard that the old alexandria shop was a good place. sure aint now. i don't buy anything from them unless i absolutely have to.

what do you think about an 02 883 sportster (standard) with no add-ons for 10k? (this was in 02 btw)

thats the kind of **** i had to put up with before i bought my hugger from hd of new orleans for 6k..... (msrp)

Old 07-31-2007, 04:40 PM
jcboof
Tourer

UPDATE: I STILL HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM THEM. Not one single email or response. I guess they dont find this kind of behavior very unsettling from their employees. Must not be a big deal to them to have a customer upset.

I sent them another copy of my email just a little while ago. I'll give em one more chance and if they just turn their back on my email, Just like they did to me in person on Saturday. I'll have no problem letting everyone on this board and everyone I meet know about their "Great" [sm=icon_beat.gif]service!

Old 07-31-2007, 04:55 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,422 Likes on 6,179 Posts

I can tell you one thing, if I were on the road and a dealership sold me a part, then would not lend me the tool to install it, I sure as Hell wouldnt be walking around in their T shirt giving them free advertisment. Those fu*king shirts would have been back on the rack before I left the place.

Quick Reply: Toledo HD, Redeemed themselves! Thanks Jim!!