Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD CUSTOM PASSING LIGHTS ON STREETGLIDE

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 01:22 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default HD CUSTOM PASSING LIGHTS ON STREETGLIDE

I was wondering if anyone has installed HD's Custom Auxiliary Lights (part # 69227-04A) on the new Street Glide. I would like to see a pic if any of you SG owners have them on your bike. I am considering purchasing a Street Glide, but I must have those lights.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:32 PM
pete_4854
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD CUSTOM PASSING LIGHTS ON STREETGLIDE

I have seen them on the SG and they look great! I just ordered my SG in vivid black and ordered these lights with it. You will not be disappointed, far better looking than the conventional passing lamps.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:42 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE post a pic. Everyone around here has the single headlamp. My dealer hasn't installed any of those lamps yet and i'm very eager to see how it looks. I currently ride an Ultra Classic (Vivid Black Anniversary Bike) and I'm thinking of buying a Street Glide, but I must have the passing lamps and the cruise control.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:00 AM
pete_4854
Intermediate

I just ordered my bike and won't have it until february, but I have seen these lamps installed and ordered with my bike. Take the plunge!

Old 11-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Boatman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Relax. These are the same lights used on the SE Ultra and Electraglide's and look great. They are a lot better looking than the lights on your Ultra. For some reason the book says they will not fit a Streetglide but they should and I believe they will. The kit does not come with the bulbs or rings.

Old 11-10-2005, 03:49 PM
pe4me
Novice

I am in the same boat,
looking at a new SG but have to have the lights.
I have called a few dealers and no one has done it yet.

Old 11-30-2005, 12:13 AM
pe4me
Novice

Anyone?

Trending Topics

Old 11-30-2005, 08:01 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,510 Likes on 1,218 Posts

I just don't get it....why buy a Street Glide if you are going to make it into a Electra Glide? You could of bought an Electra Glide Standard for less and made it the way you want it for less money when done than a Street Glide sells for.....to each there own.....[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 12-02-2005, 01:25 AM
pe4me
Novice

It seems obvious to some but even with a good imagination, you cant look at the two next to each other and mix and match what you like and save $. the list endless.
standard + radio + chrome- SG (almost went this way)
classic looks like a classic, strip it and you still have pin stripping different wheels/tires/fenders/guards etc etc.
I personally like the silver. Drove to the dealer that had a silver EG and a black SG. That is when it is easy for the guys who went SG as apposed to the other routes.
I have been reviewing/calculating and when it comes down to it- it makes sense...even though the "strip down the Classic/build up the Standard" agruement to some, makes good sense.
I have yet to hear or read anyone say, damn should have bought the EG standard/classic and make into the SG- or similar.
SG and fog lights? why not, hell I am a little crazy like that.
Now buy a SG and use your imagination/ trick it out...I look forward to what the boys will post over the winter months.

Old 12-05-2005, 01:16 AM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I have a 04 FLHTCI - removed the (68 Buick) front fender - installed a Fat Boy Fender (painted to match the bike) installed a 6 inch wind screen - painted the inner fairing Gloss Black - now I have also installed the light kit you are talking about - this is the same set up as on the Sreaming Eagle FLHTCIU... very pricy but I really like them. I really do not see why they will not fit on the Street Glide expcept maybe there is no wiring for passing lamps???? I am a firefighter and at work tonight.. here is a pic,,, not the best but you can see them.. both attachments show the lights... the one that is titled "showletter" is more of a front shot (why its titled showletter ???????)

Quick Reply: HD CUSTOM PASSING LIGHTS ON STREETGLIDE