Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

solo seat roundup

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 04:44 AM
cabbage
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default solo seat roundup

seats are so personal and really depending on your bars, and controls and height and inseam....who the f knows which are best for u...but it can change the entire personality of your rig....and be changed in a few minutes. wow... most all of these comments are from what i have read in exhaustive searches of a couple HD sights, correct me if u have direct experience and disagree. keep in mind my frame of reference for comfort in the real world is the sundowner tour 2 up, the stock seat for an 07 RKC.....and this c and c solo i recently acquired.

Sundowner Solo: i have the dual tour as my two up seat...damn that is one comfy seat but its a dual...we are talking solo here and from what i have READ, it seems that the sundowner solo doesnt have the same comfort mojo as the dual tour SD. i have read it moves u Closer to bars then stock. which isnt the case with the dual tour SD. personally i dont really want to be closer to my chubby 518 bars.

Mustang Solo - 90% of the mustang solo users say the seat is pretty damn comfy...even tall fockers, which is weird as i hear it moves u forward from stock, but maybe it moves u a little up to to compensate... appearancewise it has a nice enough look.....not as low profile as a c and c, but looks good for sure. i am thinking it has a bit more padded mojo as the padded area seems thicker then the c and c thus im sure a bit more comfy by design. however i hear it moves u forward and up from stock.....i personally at 6-2 certainly do not need forward...i dont really mind up though. the forward part is what scares me on the mustang. unless i go forward controls, perhaps.

C and C Solo - Im telling u...the gel model delays the butt pain on the low profile c and c solo vs the non gel...personal experience. If your looking for a SLEAK solo seat that you can ride 75-100 miles with no arsss issues....and fits the tank like a glove........and the things that are important to you are the ability to customize, the quality of the construction, the price, and the look of the seat, u cannot go wrong with a c and c seat. it moves me noticeably lower, and back from stock and from the sundowner tour i have been wielding. the movement back is a positive thing for me.....the lower makes me feel as if im more in the bike, but it also cramps my legs a bit as its lower and closer to the controls. seats are such a personal thing....i need a seat that is higher like the SD tour, but not forward like the mustang or SD solo. or...i need a seat like the c and c with forward controls.

Corbin Solo - i ruled corbin out fairly early in the game, as i had a chance to see/sit on a couple and i didnt like the look, and also felt they were to firm, and too high priced....even firmer then the sleak c and c.....but of course so many people love the corbins so they must have some redeaming comfort/look qualitys...personally one of u corbin people will have to explain what i am missing as i dont see it especially at the pricing. corbin has the Close models and the normal solo models so u have some choice as to being moved back or forward. u r moved a tad bit lower then stock as well on a corbin from what i understand.

Danny Grey Big Seat - Was very tempted to grab this and its buttcrack technology.....but with gel it become quire spendy, and there were not alot of reviews of the seat......a non gel buyer of the seat put it up for sale in classies immediatally....another user who had gel said it was really comfy/quality construction and looked good/got many a positive uninvited comment on the saddle. it looks like a saddle, which i like alot....but with only two real conflicting opinions on this specific DG seat, as well as its higher price, i had to pass....though im still very interested.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:10 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain
Default RE: solo seat roundup

I have the Mustang Solo. I tried the Sundowner but it pushed me forward. The Mustang does not seem to do that at all. For me it is a keeper. I am six foot and they only thing I wish I had done was to have ordered the Solo with the built-in backrest.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:36 AM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with IndyRider, I also have the Mustang comfortstitch solo, and it in no way moves you forward, if anything it might seat you slightly rearward. It is a nice looking seat, and very comfortable. My biggest day was 640 miles straight with no issues, the last two legs were tank to tank, so about 3-3.5 hours in the saddle at a time. My buddy has a Sundowner solo, it moves you forward and is a little narrower in the front, if you are looking for a reach seat, it should get you were you want to be. Caution, on a street glide it will rub on the side covers and the tops of the saddlebags, if you move the saddlebags as far back as you can, it will help. My buddy was with me on the 640 mile day, and he never complained about the seat. It is not the best looking solo you can get, but it will get the job done if you need a reach seat.

BTW, I think that the C&C is a nice looking seat, congrats! I was looking hard at there seats, but I opted for the Mustang because of the great reviews they had here at the forum.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech2
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 04harleyboy

I agree with IndyRider, I also have the Mustang comfortstitch solo, and it in no way moves you forward, if anything it might seat you slightly rearward. It is a nice looking seat, and very comfortable. My biggest day was 640 miles straight with no issues, the last two legs were tank to tank, so about 3-3.5 hours in the saddle at a time. My buddy has a Sundowner solo, it moves you forward and is a little narrower in the front, if you are looking for a reach seat, it should get you were you want to be. Caution, on a street glide it will rub on the side covers and the tops of the saddlebags, if you move the saddlebags as far back as you can, it will help. My buddy was with me on the 640 mile day, and he never complained about the seat. It is not the best looking solo you can get, but it will get the job done if you need a reach seat.

BTW, I think that the C&C is a nice looking seat, congrats! I was looking hard at there seats, but I opted for the Mustang because of the great reviews they had here at the forum.

Ditto on the Mustang. It did not move me forward. Seems to move me back compared to stock.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

I love my Corbin close solo, went through testing several seats before I found the perfect
fit for me. I had it made with softer foam, also scouped out about 1 inch to lower it.
Also got the heated version, great on those cold rides!, and the backrest.
The stock foam was too firm for my liking. This setup with the backrest cost me $1000, but it was well worth the cash spent. This seat is soooo comfortable, I don't even think about it all while riding (except how comfy it is), isn't that the way it should be?
The Mustang, although was comfortable at first, was like sitting on a flat board, if you look at the seatpan, its pretty much a flat board, not a saddle like the corbin.
IMO Mustang does make the BEST backrest. The hardware is kind of ugly, but it works great! Sadly the wide nose on the mustang solo cut off the circulation to my legs, I never really could get used to it, so I sold it to a member here.
I gave up on Harley seats, they don't have a solo with a backrest.
So, after 6 seats, it was the Corbin close solo that fit me perfectly.
I would recommend possibley buying a used Corbin on Ebay, to try the fit before you spend the cash on a non returnable seat. I tried a couple of Corbins this way, and made money on both of them, reselling on Ebay.
Peace
Rags

Old 07-29-2007, 03:08 PM
debay
Tourer

Bought the solo sundowner didnt like the way it moved me up towards the tank. Sent it to BADX He works magic with his memory foam.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

Another one for the Mustang solo, I have the 2-piece with the driver backrest...love it!

Old 07-29-2007, 03:52 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Depsite the very firm design the Corbin is a very comfortable seat believe it or not. I logged thousands of miles on a Corbin Classic Solo and loved it. They'e very well-made seats.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:28 PM
asuperheat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the danny gray and I am very happy with it and can run 100 mile streches comfortably. I typicaly do 200 miles when riding and this seat works and rides the way I hoped it would.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:46 PM
cabbage
Tourer

ORIGINAL: asuperheat

I have the danny gray and I am very happy with it and can run 100 mile streches comfortably. I typicaly do 200 miles when riding and this seat works and rides the way I hoped it would.
pictures??

Quick Reply: solo seat roundup