Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE 50mm Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:46 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SE 50mm Throttle Body

Does anyone know if the SE 50mm Throttle body will work on my '05 Ultra Classic?

Will it work with the cruise control?

I'm debating trying one out, and I wanted to ask here first. I'm also going to talk to Dr Dyno about it tomorrow when I see him, see if he thinks it will do any good or bad for me.

Steve

Old 07-27-2007, 10:22 PM
streeter
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SE 50mm Throttle Body

I'm not sure of the stock throttle body sizefor your bike. But, bevery leary on increasing it 50mm on a stock engine unless you have proven dyno results for your application. Problems arise with intake velocity as you increase the size of the throttle body with larger = less velocity. On a stock motor you will loose torque at lower throttle settings. Good luck !

Streeter
07 FLHX

Old 07-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man a 50mm I have a 38mm on my 99 M&M FI setup. [:'(]Anywho I can't think or know of any reason/reasons why it would not work with your cruise. 98" build not really sure you need it or it would really help that much verses the cost toHP ratio would be low in my book or high whichever way you'd like to look at it. I mean really what do they cost? $300.00 - $500.00 for what 3-5 HP not realistic for me. Now if you had a 124" monster in there then HE!! ya go for it................... I could go on and on, somewhere you got to say/draw the line, enough is enough. Have a great day.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:33 PM
buttman
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Doug at HQ would tell you to forget about it!!!!!

Old 07-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

What Buttman said. My friend, pirateye on this forum, Kevin on the HQ Techline, did his 95" HQ build with Doug's specific recommendation to use the stock throttle body.

Unless you are going really big on the engine and will run it at high rpms, the only thing the 50mm SE Throttle body will do for you is give you another line item for your forum sig, IMHO.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:58 AM
drdiesel1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the S/E 50mmis a twin port/two runner intake setup...[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 07-28-2007, 03:44 AM
Kern
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the 50mm throttle bodywhat is on the V-Rod? A guy I talked to today about my build I'm doing soon said that the V-Rod throttle bodywould be perfect for my app. I nodded and said ok, I'll look into it. I havent heard anyone doing that modyet.

Old 07-28-2007, 05:14 AM
drdiesel1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The V-Rod intake will not fit the 45/V-Twin...But it might fit a Boxter....

Old 07-28-2007, 06:11 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I pretty much have known the same thing, but I figured if I could get this thing at a great deal that I might try it out.

I think a 48mm would probably be a better fit, but this one is a 50mm.

Most likely I'll stick with my stock throttle body, it's working fine for me as is...............I should just leave it alone

Steve

Old 07-28-2007, 07:41 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: maineultraclassic

Most likely I'll stick with my stock throttle body, it's working fine for me as is...............I should just leave it alone
That's a great idea Steve!

Velocity was mentioned above and that was spot-on. All a it "might" do would be increase the top-end HP (at or above 6k RPM - BFD) and reduce torque down low.

Carl was right, though.... It would be another sig file line item.

The S/E does support cruise control. It is a 50mm siamese runner (single) TB. For a larger (maybe 107+) motor that is fairly aggressively built, it;s a great value ~ pricewise. It is also designed for 06 & later bikes. THe sensors have slightly different connetors than the pre-06 bikes. This means more work changing connectors.

Forget it!

Wait! I may know where you can but a Geralomy Dual Independent Runner (50mm x2) TB.... and all the fittings are already correct!

Quick Reply: SE 50mm Throttle Body